16 Annoying Things People Say When You Get Married
Aug 14, 2013 17:18
For some, they meet and marry their partners almost immediately - as if they just know their other half is 'the one'. But for others, it takes years, or sometimes even decades to finally find the one you want to spend the rest of your life with. Engagements and fresh marriages come with plenty of excitement. Your family and friends will undoubtedly be more excited than you at times, and it can get overwhelming.
What follows is a series of questions people say or ask married or to-be-married people. And it gets annoying. You've already managed to achieve the first two steps: finding 'the one', and then actually marrying them. Here are 16 of some of the most commonly annoying and crazy things people say to the almost-there and the married:
1. "So... when are you having kids????" (or a variation - "when are you gonna start trying?")
2. "You're not hyphenating and/or taking his horrible last name, right?"
3. "Are you still allowed to go out without him?"
4. "Hey, you know statistics show you have less than a 50 percent chance of this working out, right?"
5. "He'll make a great first husband!"
6. "How's the old ball and chain?"
7. "Congrats! Your sex life is over!"
8. "I always thought you'd end up with (insert name of an ex or person other than the new husband)."
9. "Is that true what they say about marriage killing your sex life?"
10. "Aww.. You probably already miss the single life, huh?"
11. "Your husband lets you wear THAT?"
12. "Why bother exercising/eating right? Now that the wedding's over, you can get fat!"
13. "Here's the card of a divorce lawyer I know in case it doesn't work out."
14. "Welcome to the club! Now we can be miserable together."
15. "Why are you doing your hair/makeup? You've already got him!"
If 2021 has been the year you’ve committed to being more organized, or you’re constantly double booking yourself, then a weekly planner is just what you need in your life. These great little tools will help you keep track of all of your responsibilities and appointments - you just need to know how to use them. We’ve put together this step by step guide to help you use a weekly planner and get the most out of it. Read more
There is no denying the fact that our physical and mental wellbeing are inextricably linked. When we feel stressed, we become sick – when we are tired, we feel moody and despondent. The list of examples goes on. As such, if you want to see one improve, you need to work on the other, too. Read more