In the wake of the current pandemic, more and more people have realized the value that having insurance adds to their families. Among the other life insurance types, a term insurance plan
is a simple yet effective way of securing your family members during tough times, especially if you have been the breadwinner in your family. You can offer the much-needed financial stability to your loved ones and ensure that you are planning your finances well from an early age.
However, it is crucial to know how much coverage your family needs from the policy, and the premium amount you will be paying throughout your policy tenure will depend on it. Worry not! With the help of a term plan premium calculator
, you can easily calculate your premium amount and decide on the payment frequency at ease.
Image Courtesy: Shutterstock
How To Use A Term Plan Premium Calculator?
Term plan premium calculator is a tool specially designed to help in calculating the premium. Moreover, it is a simple hand handy tool. It helps in evaluating the sum assured you would want to secure for your family's future needs. You can use the term plan premium calculator in 3 easy steps:
Step 1: You need to input all the necessary details, such as age, retirement age, along with any existing insurance covers.
Step 2: You need to give details such as assets and liabilities in your name. This information plays a crucial role in finding the optimum cover for you.
Step 3: In this step, you will get the details of coverage you need based on your inputs. You can select the best option among the plans.
Additionally, the term life insurance calculator needs the following information to give you an accurate result and help you decide on your premium amount and frequency.
1. Your age: When you start early, you get a chance of securing an excellent assured sum at a minimum premium. Hence, starting early is the key.
2. Premium frequency: You can decide to pay your premium monthly, half-yearly, or yearly. There are also plans with a single payment. However, it is always preferred to go for a monthly plan or half-yearly or maximum yearly as a premium amount will not stress you.
3. Sum assured: This is an essential factor you need to check when buying a policy. The amount should cover your family's needs along with specific responsibilities. The golden rule is that the cover should be at least 8 to 10 times your annual salary.
4. Riders: Insurance policies come with an option to add riders that offer a comprehensive cover and customize your policy. However, never add a rider without a need for it.
5. Tenure: Policy tenure is the duration in which the policy provides you with coverage. You can choose a tenure between one to a hundred years or whole life, depending on the plan's terms and conditions.
6. Plan name
: There are a vast number of term insurance plans
available. You can select a plan according to your need and capability. Some plans offer maturity benefits, and some offer to return your premium.
Image Courtesy: Shutterstock
What Are The Benefits Of A Term Plan Premium Calculator?
Term life insurance calculator is all that you need when you are looking out for the right plan. It is an easy way to compare and figure out the best term policy matching your requirements. Here are some of the benefits offered by a term plan premium calculator.
Time saver: The calculator helps to save a lot of your precious time. You can get the results in less than 2 minutes with apt suggestions for the plans fitting your needs. Then, after figuring out the right plan, you can go ahead with the purchase.
Compare different plans: The tool helps you to compare several kinds of plans offered.
Budgeting: The term life insurance calculator helps you to assess different premium amounts you need to pay in exchange for the coverage you seek. So, it gives you a clear idea, and you can plan for your financial budget accordingly.
Analyzing cover: Now you have a budget in place, so it is easy for you to understand if the cover you have chosen is adequate to protect your family financially. If you feel the cover is not sufficient, extend it accordingly. Exactly where the term life insurance calculator guides you in making the right choice.
Cost-effective: Using an online calculator helps save unnecessary charges that you may incur by choosing the wrong policy.
Term life insurance calculator is a fast and easy way of comparison. It also offers accuracy, which is the most critical criterion. Term Life Insurance not only provides you with financial security but also gives you exemptions from the tax.
According to the Income Tax Act
, section 80d provides exemption on your premiums, whereas section 10D exemption on the cover. With the premium at hand, you can be relaxed as some of the plans also cover critical illness. Providing financial security to the family is a significant step in life. Utilize the calculator and purchase a plan according to your needs.