Coffee has been a staple for many of us wanting an energy boost worldwide. But did you know that taking too much coffee may have negative effects on your health? With increasing coffee-related issues such as heart palpitations and anxiety, isn't it time you look for substitutes for your coffee habit? In this article, we'll list you the best substitutes that will give you the much-needed energy boost in your day without the negative effect that coffee brings.
What are the best substitutes for coffee?
Luckily, there are many choices in the market today that make a great substitute for coffee
. Below, you’ll find some easy replacements that will naturally give you the energy boost you’ll feel from your regular cup of joe without the side effects of coffee.
● Matcha tea: Instead of starting your day with coffee, you may want to swap your habits for matcha tea. Unlike regular green tea, matcha is made by grinding young tea leaves into powder. While it contains small traces of caffeine that’s just enough to give you an energy boost for the day, matcha also contains L-theanine, an amino acid compound that helps relax your mind.
● Spices: Natural spices such as turmeric and cinnamon are great substitutes for coffee. Thanks to its antioxidant benefits, natural spices helps support your body’s inflammatory response to calm your body and mind. As a result, you’ll find that using spices as a substitute for coffee will give you better mental health and a stronger body.
● Fruits and vegetable smoothies: If you’re pressed for time, why not make a quick fruit and vegetable smoothie in place of preparing coffee. Packed with vitamins, fiber, and antioxidants, smoothies are a great substitute for coffee when you’re looking for a healthy energy boost.
Why should you find an alternative to coffee?
While coffee has its positive points in providing you with an energy boost, too much of it may bring adverse effects. Here are some reasons why you should find a substitute for your daily coffee intake:
● Too much coffee causes anxiety: Coffee contains caffeine that gives you the much-needed energy boost, whether in the morning or mid-day. If you take too much of it, however, you may experience increased anxiety.
● Coffee stains your teeth: Stained teeth are unsightly, and coffee may be the biggest culprit behind them. If you’re concerned about keeping your pearly whites clean, you should begin to stay away from coffee immediately.
● Coffee may cause heart palpitations: In some cases, coffee may cause palpitations – a situation where you’ll experience increased heart rates over a short period of time. This is not only an uncomfortable experience but can also be dangerous to your overall health. Heart palpitations are most common in anyone who may be allergic to coffee and can be avoided simply by staying away from coffee.
● You’ll experience fewer headaches: Avoiding coffee may be the answer to anyone who wishes to reduce any episodic headaches and migraines. This is as coffee is known to increase your blood pressure, triggering your headaches along the way.
● Too much coffee causes jitters: Finally, coffee is also a big trigger to anyone suffering from shaky hands. Reducing your coffee intake or removing it all together will help give you a firm and steady hand back.
Finally, we understand how it may be difficult to cut down on coffee cold turkey. Most coffee drinkers may experience coffee withdrawals as they are used to the aroma of coffee to evoke their senses. So, don't feel disappointed if you can't make the switch to substitutes for coffee immediately and instead make the switch day by day. After a while, reaching out for the substitute will become more natural for you, and you'll see an overall improvement in your health in the long run.