A kitchen with brick slip cladding is beautiful! It is the best option you can find in the market; they are durable and affordable on budget. Going back to basic materials can have a homely effect. Do not get so complicated when it comes to building, repairing or transforming the kitchen. You can play with the styles of the brick, whether you prefer it perforated, solid, tile, flattened or hollow.
Brick is such an ancient element that it has circulated for around 11,000 years. If you are looking for ideas to renovate your kitchen choose this material and create the style you most want since a kitchen with bricks does not have to be always rustic or traditional.
Do not wait any longer and start putting together your kitchen with bricks today. Accommodate the style you like most and start your new project now.
Why use brick slips in a kitchen
As we all is familiar with, in the kitchen or bathroom there are many vapors, and the brick slip cladding can be exposed to many types of dirt. That is why we recommend using brick strips for external use such as the Country, Rustic, Monsanto, Boston or Cambridge collections, but you should avoid their direct contact with water, for example in the shower area. We also strongly recommend sealing them with the Prosil wall sealer to protect and facilitate cleaning. The surface prepared in this way can be cleaned with a damp cloth.
Below are benefits of brick slips in a kitchen
• They do not lose their shine over time or become brittle, so they do not require special varnishes or protections.
• Mechanical resistance that gives them greater durability. There are works of more than 1000 years old that still conserve their entire splendor.
• They are easy to place. Anyone can place hollow bricks. If the work presents any complexity, any bricklayer knows how to solve it.
• They have a low own weight in relation to their size so they can be handled easily by anyone reducing fatigue and the risk of accidents.
• They are easy to cut (With the edge of a mason's spoon is enough), you can make gutters and adapt to any project or modulation.
• It is not attacked by insects and rodents.
• Excellent acoustic insulation the walls do not sound "hollow".
• It is not combustible and resists the attack of fire.
• Excellent thermal insulation, increasing the comfort of homes.
• The houses have higher resale value.
This means that it is always in search of more durable, efficient and sustainable materials that allow us to have more efficient, economical, versatile and better integrated structures to the environment.
While it is true that cement, concrete and instruments associated with traditional construction (concrete mixers, elevators, generators, cutting tools and more) will continue to have a preponderance, there are new trends in this regard.
Other benefits of brick slips in a kitchen
Endless possibilities: brick slips arise at every moment to try to solve specific problems that have been inherited from the most common industrial methods. The aim is to introduce new manufacturing techniques, the recycling of polluting components, and the reduction in construction costs, reduce the carbon footprint, and favor energy savings, among others.
In this sense, we find materials that are biodegradable and that are used to make buildings, furniture, everyday items, packaging and much more. Clear cases are straw bales, plastic blocks, cigarette bricks and other notable examples.
Culture of sustainability
For many it is clear that industrial processes consume many non-renewable resources, create toxic waste and waste too much energy. In order to create a more sustainable model, these brick slips ideas are emerging. Options focused on contributing to a more eco-friendly development that is in tune with reducing the effects of global warming and has green technology.
Although its incorporation is gradual, sustainability pursues more efficient processes that are integrated into our environment. It may be that its viability is conditioned by acceptance or costs, but its development will continue to permeate the societies. Hopefully in the future these materials are an inevitable part of the construction, architecture and design of future cities.
Curtains are not just fabric for windows but essential elements to a living space's ambience. Apart from privacy, they control natural light, regulate temperature, and enhance interior aesthetics. Curtains frame views, offering a design focal point. They enable self-expression with diverse styles and colours, transforming a house into a home. In essence, curtains are crucial in shaping any living space's atmosphere, functionality, and visual appeal. Read more
• Homeowner equity is the difference between the value of your home and the amount you owe on your mortgage.• Homeownership allows you to build wealth and increase your net worth over time.• You can leverage homeowner equity for financial flexibility and opportunities.• Strategies to maximize homeowner equity include paying off your mortgage faster, renovating your home, and refinancing to take advantage of low interest rates.• When tapping into home equity, understand different types of home equity loans and use a home equity line of credit (HELOC) responsibly.• Considerations for using home equity to invest in real estate include thorough research and seeking professional guidance.• To protect and grow homeowner equity, maintain adequate homeowners insurance, maintain and improve your property, and monitor market trends and home values. Read more
HVAC is a name that is applied to almost any household appliance or tool that offers cooling and heating services to one’s household. It can refer to several appliances: the furnace, the fireplace, the heat pumps, the air conditioner, etc. Whatever the name, cooling and heating is the game, and HVAC products play that game well. But what exactly is HVAC, and what does it mean really? Read more