18 Things You Wish Someone Told You About What Sex Really is Like
Dec 24, 2013 02:30
Growing up, talking about sex can get awkward. But we end up discussing it at some point. You may have gotten the girly point of view, or you may have gotten gory details from your much older friends. Some of you may have had to listen to guys dishing the dirt on their sexcapades (which could be very different from when girls talk). Either way, it's all theoretical until you actually experience it for yourself. And I guarantee you'd have had some surprises along the way.
The Huffington Post asked their readers what they wish people had told them about sex before they started doing it. Here are some of the things the site shares:
1. There is no dignified way of "cleaning up" -- and you WILL need to clean up afterwards.
2. A male partner won't always have a higher sex drive than you.
3. You can have as much sex as you want, with as many people as you like.
4. Sex is truly awesome when you really love the person you're having it with.
5. Women are allowed to enjoy sex as much as men.
6. Sex doesn't look like it does in the movies -- or in porn.
7. You are not more valuable as a person if someone wants to have sex with you, and you are not less valuable as a person if you choose not to.
8. Learn what turns you on and don't be afraid to ask for it, because your partner isn't a mind-reader.
9. It's fine to say "no" -- it doesn't make you less sexual.
10. The best sex is about mutual giving.
11. Plenty of women can't orgasm from intercourse alone. An estimated 50 to 75 percent of women require clitoral stimulation.
12. It's easy to get caught up in the moment, so know how you plan to protect yourself from pregnancy and STDs beforehand.
13. Great sex does not equal great love.
14. Anxieties and fears about sex are totally normal -- and it's (more than) fine to talk about them.
15. Just like with anything else, to get good you need practice. Sex is not something you're born knowing how to do well.
16. It can be really, really awkward.
17. Your "sexual peak" won't necessarily be in your twenties.
18. Experiment! (And have fun doing so.)
Do any of these look familiar to you? We can definitely relate: It really isn't as glamorous as what you read or see on TV. But it sure is an experience.
Translation is not just about converting text from one language to another; it's about conveying meaning, intent, and nuances accurately across cultural and linguistic boundaries. This task becomes significantly more complex when it comes to specialized fields such as legal, medical, technical, and scientific domains. These fields often require not only fluency in both the source and target languages but also deep knowledge of the subject matter. This article explores the unique challenges faced in translating for specialized fields and outlines practical solutions to address these challenges. Read more
Planning a wedding can be an exhilarating yet challenging journey. From selecting the perfect venue to curating a guest list such as Cancun destination wedding, there are numerous decisions to make. While the process is exciting, it's essential to be aware of potential pitfalls that can turn your dream day into a stressful affair. Read more
Interest earned on your savings account doesn't just go straight into your pocket. Like other sources of income, you may owe taxes depending on your earnings and circumstances. Here's what you need to know about taxes and your savings account interest in India. Read more