In recent times, there has been an increase in the number of people having fertility issues and it becomes difficult for them to conceive naturally.
Fortunately, medical science has made great advances in fertility treatment and India is considered one of the major medical destinations for it.
People from all over the globe prefer undergoing their IVF treatment in India. Here, they are assured of quality treatment under top IVF specialists.
Another important factor, is the affordable IVF cost in India. Undergoing IVF treatment is expensive, especially in developed countries. And you may have to undergo a couple of IVF cycles before conceiving. This reason has prompted many couples to come here for their treatment. If you would like to know about the cost of IVF in one of the major metropolitan cities like Mumbai, Click Here
Where to undergo IVF treatment in India?
India is a vast country and people from overseas are confused about where to go for their treatment. To make their search easier, we have listed a few pointers that will help them make an informed decision.
1. Generally, as compared to smaller towns, bigger metro cities have sophisticated, state of the art clinics having specialized in-house lab and latest technology and equipment. For higher success rates of fertility treatment such as IVF and ICSI, it is necessary to have hi-tech clinics.
2. Usually, top fertility specialists in India practice in metro cities where they have greater reach to the people. Getting your treatment from experienced doctors increases your chance of having a successful IVF cycle. Further, many fertility specialists have international exposure and are well-versed with the latest advancements in fertility treatment.
3. Also, it is easier for overseas patients to have access to IVF clinics which are based in major metro cities. Some of the major metropolitan cities famous for IVF treatment are Mumbai, Delhi, Bangalore, Chennai, Hyderabad and many more. Accommodation, traveling, and other necessities are easily available, thus making their journey hassle-free, so that they can completely concentrate on their treatment.
4. While getting your IVF treatment in India, it is better to opt for bigger cities as they have several fertility clinics which cater to all budgets. So, you can choose the clinic according to your preference.
5. Most importantly, as there many fertility clinics available in the cities, they offer competitive IVF cost in India due to severe competition which works in your favour.
6. The IVF clinics in the metros have the requisite expertise to offer the latest fertility treatments available which increase your chance towards parenthood. With growing advancement in fertility treatment, couples have a greater success rate in conceiving. Treatments like the Freeze-all method in IVF show great promise and have about a 70% success rate. Also, treatments like IMSI, LAH, FET, etc provide great assistance in achieving a positive outcome.
Let’s discuss the fertility treatments available in India
Dr. Mohit Saraogi, an eminent and acclaimed fertility specialist from Mumbai says that “Everyone should be given a chance to experience the joy of parenthood and nobody should be deprived of it for the lack of finance or the availability of a type of fertility treatment”.
Given below are the treatment methods that are available in India:
In vitro fertilization is a process in which the female’s eggs are fertilized outside her body by the sperms provided by her partner. The resulting embryos are then placed in her uterus after around 3-5 days so that she can attain pregnancy.
This is an advanced form of IVF which is mostly used in case of male infertility or if your previous IVF cycles have failed. Here, the doctor will inject the sperm directly into the egg. This gives a better chance for the egg to fertilize.
This is the latest technique that uses a high-magnification digital imaging microscope that helps to examine and select the best sperm to be injected into the egg.
Donor sperm insemination –
People opt for donor sperm for fertility treatment when there is a total absence of sperms or they are of poor quality.
IVF with donor eggs –
Sometimes when the female partner’s eggs are of poor quality due to age or other issues, then they can undergo IVF treatment using a donor’s egg.
The above given image shows the difference between a fresh and frozen embryo transfer. Frozen embryo transfer is a process wherein the frozen embryos from the previous IVF cycle are used. These embryos are thawed and transferred to the women’s uterus.
Laser-assisted hatching is a process where a highly focused infrared laser beam is used to help the embryo hatch from its shell and implant itself in the uterus.
Blastocyst culture and transfer –
This technique is used to maximize your chances of pregnancy and further reduce the risk of multiple pregnancies. During this process, the embryos are cultured for 5 to 6 days so that they have around 150 cells and are large enough for better selection.
This is a non-invasive procedure in which your partner’s sperms are transferred to your uterus during ovulation.