A Complete Packing List for Climbing Mount Kilimanjaro
Jan 28, 2019 05:56
Regarded as Africa’s highest mountain, Mount Kilimanjaro is the dormant volcano that is situated in Tanzania. It is one of the most famous and much-loved places for the trekkers around the country. But since the temperature of this mountain varies quickly from hot to bitter cold, a person needs to be ready for any type of situation.
So if you are planning to climb Mount Kilimanjaro, you should have a clear idea of what to pack in your bag. Make sure to cover all the mandatory equipment and buy it in advance so as to avoid any last-minute issues. Before you start trekking, confirm for any health issues from a doctor so that you do not have to face any discomfort in the long run.
When it comes to clothing, make sure that you have stuff like –
• Bottom and Top Base Layer
• 3-4 pairs of the Undergarments
• A pair or two of the hiking trousers
• 2-3 Trekking Shirts of long as well as short sleeves
• An insulated Winter Jacket
• A Polartec Fleece Jacket
• A Hard Shell Jacket
• A pair of insulated Trekking Pants
• A Lightweight Raingear
To trek without causing any major discomfort to your feet, it is suggested to pack these items –
• The Mid-weight boots for Hiking
• Trekking Sandals / Camp Trainers
• 3-4 pairs of the Trekking Socks
• A pair of thick/warm Trekking Socks
For walking and hands, you require –
• Inner Gloves which are lightweight
• Mitts / Outer Warm Gloves
• Convertible Trekking Poles
Protect your head with the help of these items –
• A Sun Hat that can cover your neck as well
• Fleece Headband or Warm Beanie
Daypack and Bags –
• A waterproof 70-80L Duffle Bag
• A 30-40L Daypack
• The Daypack Rain cover
The sleeping Accessories are a must-have for you –
• An insulated Sleeping Mat
• The Four Season Sleeping Bag
• An Inflatable Pillow, if required.
In addition to all these, pack some general accessories as well –
• A large size Water Bottle
• The tablets of Water Purification
• A Suncream for sweat resistance
• Baby Wipes
• Blister Platers
• Some General Medicines like Imodium, Paracetamol etc.
• Insect Repellant and,
• Pee Bottle, if needed.
• Energy Drink Supplements
• Trekking Towel
• Energy Bars
If you wish to click some really nice and captivating pictures of the popular Mountain, it is vital to fully charge your Camera beforehand as well as bring an extra memory Card and some spare batteries. Although you can climb Mount Kilimanjaro during any time of the year, the period of January-March, as well as June-October, is the most suitable one for you.
Do not forget that the key to fully enjoy your trekking experience and avoid any major issues is that you must always be well-prepared for anything. When you are equipped with the right accessories, your climbing experience ultimately becomes a comfortable one as you are not stressed about any miss happening.
Have you been betting for a while and find it hard to make a profit? Are you feeling that the bookmakers are a little bit too happy with your bets? In this article we give you the 5 most common mistakes that you should not make anymore. Read more
Injuries and accidents are part of life, and, in most cases, they happen unexpectedly. Some accidents are more severe than others, and they might leave you with serious medical complications and, worse still, substantial financial debts. Read more
CBD products are popping up just about everywhere these days. From gummies and edibles to tinctures and oils, people are turning to CBD for what they're finding to be curative properties. Cannabidiol, or CBD, is the compound found inside hemp plants that's linked to the calming properties of marijuana rather than the psychoactive high linked to THC. Read more