Everything old returns, and fashion is not far behind. In recent times, acquiring used and stylish clothing is increasingly common. We see it on the street and also in the big celebrities on the red carpet. Retro is fashionable.
In the era of the 1920s to 1960s, the fashion world was dominated by feminine and masculine styles. The styles were influenced by the situation after World War I which occurred from 1914 to 1918. At that time, fashion prioritized clothing with semi-formal and formal styles. We can see traces of it on a 1920s dress.
According to a designer named Emily Chalmer, in the 1950s, most people cherished and enjoyed reminiscing about their own childhood. That is what inspires vintage-style fashion, so that people can feel nostalgic. The 1950s spirit inspires 1950s dresses that are very popular today.
Vintage means "old and of very high quality". Although close to the ancient and simple impression, vintage still has its own interesting impression even to wear today.
The splendor of the film industry at that time also inspired a number of fashion trends and models through the appearance of the stars. Starting from long waving skirts, clothing made from animal fur, to accessories in the form of ribbons. The use of zippers and nylon materials also became known at that time.
One of the famous designers who was greatly admired at that time was Salvatore Ferragamo, an Italian designer, who introduced platform shoes with super thick heels. Combined with a 1960s dress, they would be perfect!
Are you interested in applying vintage fashion style?
Follow these important tips so as not to make mistakes and make these classics shine in your daily outfits!
1) I toured! It is important that you do not stay alone with the American fair that is in your neighborhood and go inside in more places. There are always new things to discover! The funniest thing is that the clothes are never repeated! So not only are you going to have exclusivity, but you are also going to have a lot of fun choosing them!
2) Be early! In these places you have to search and stir a lot, they usually have a lot of everything and mixed, so it is important that you do not rush.
3) Contact a good seamstress and go to a trusted dry cleaner. These two places can transform used clothing into magnificent garments tailored to your needs. Clothes often need to be lifted a little or adjusted to your body, so it is essential to have trusted people who can help you with this.
4) If you are looking for a garment, you don't want it to be perfect! They will always have certain details product of the passage of time, but it is those things that add magic and make them so special.
5) Be careful! Many times we fall in love with clothes that are torn, stained or are not our size. In those cases it is important to think cold, because otherwise they end up being a bun at the bottom of the closet, eternally unusable. So if you are not sure if you can remove the dirt or if you know that you will never take it to a dressmaker to adjust it to your body, it is better that you leave it and continue with your shopping.
6) Do not be scared or prejudiced, it is common for people to say that they are dirty places and that things have bugs, do not listen to them! It is true that clothing takes on an old smell over time, but it can be solved by washing it well!
7) Learn the measurements and shapes of your body. In some vintage stores there are no changing rooms so having knowledge of your shapes will help in the choice of the garment. Another tip is to have clothes to the body that allow us to try on different clothes while dressed, without generating discomfort. For example, a shoe or skirt.
8) Be surprised! Many times we find great brands in these places at very affordable prices! It's a matter of having a good eye!
9) Take a friend with you! Advice is always good and they will know how to give it to you, if something does not fit you or it will not be functional you will notice it on their face immediately. Also, shopping is always more fun when it comes to friends.
If in your passage through vintage stores you get a short that you love but it does not convince you, or if you have some in your house that look good but that already tired you, we propose two ideas to renew them and put all the wave!
Having something made especially for us is the feeling almost out of this world. It is important we realize and must also try and give this feeling to other people like our friends, family and loved ones. Therefore, the more joy we spread the better this place becomes. There are many options to gift someone like clothes, bags, sneakers, etc. But jewelry is by far the most special kind of gift that we all love. If you love it, check out the garnet necklace in Australia which has some amazing designs. Moving on, let us discuss some pendant ideas for your necklace that you can gift – Read more
Does your mind kick into overdrive as soon as your head hits the pillow? You’re not alone. In fact, one in three people in the UK currently suffers from sleep-related conditions like insomnia, while stress is considered one of the biggest contributing factors. Read more
Today, gold rings have seen a renaissance, as an ever-increasing number of women are opting for these jewellery pieces. This year, gold rings have made up an increasing rise in the sale. And with trendsetters, including the B–towners opting for gold ring designs, the modern women are in good company. Shop gold rings for women from Vaibhav Jewellers. Why? Well, the reason is apparent. We assure the best quality, unique designs as well prompt service. Read more