Many people turn to an agency when applying for a new SSC to sidestep the long lines and avoid making mistakes. As we all know, government departments love their red tape and have no problem declining requests that they don’t deem perfect. 

Moreover, that can be quite problematic when you are applying for your SSC. Not having an SSN means that you don’t have access to the benefits that come with being a U.S. citizen.

So, these agencies can provide an extremely valuable service. Want to know how to get a new social security card from Application Filing Service? It’s simple. 

It All Starts Online

You’ll start by going to their website and selecting the action that you want to take. In this case, that will be applying for a new Social Security card. You’ll be asked to complete a simple questionnaire with your personal details. 

It’s important to make sure that the details that you use match up with any information that the government may already have on record. Say, for example, that no one uses your first name except your mom. You’ll need to make sure that you list your full legal name. 

The questions will take you a few minutes to answer, and a new application does involve answering more questions, but you’ll be done before you know it. 

Now You Pay

The site will then take you through to the payment screen. For this kind of services, you can expect to pay around $20 per application. 

Your Form is Available for Download

Your form will be ready for download automatically. Thanks to the questions that you answered, all the fields will be populated for you.

Get the Reference Guide

Next up the company may provide a reference guide that will tell you exactly what documentation you will need to send in with your application. 

Now It’s Up to You

There’s not much left to do. You’ll need to gather the requisite documents. The SSA is pretty fussy in this regard, and it’s understandable considering the amount of fraud going around. Where things become a little inconvenient is that you have to supply the originals or certified copies of documents. 

No, a notarized copy is not acceptable —you must go to the department that issued your original document and ask for a certified copy. An agency can help you get the right documents, but they do charge extra for that service. 

What Kinds of Documents Do You Need?

Driver’s License, Birth Certificate, Passport, Naturalization Certificate, and so on are required.

Now Submit the Forms

Once you have gotten everything together, you can submit the application and your documents to the SSA. It takes around two weeks or so to process the request, and they’ll mail your new SSC to you.


The agency will not actually file the application for you, but they will help you to ensure that your form is completedcorrectlyand that you know precisely what documents need to accompany it.