China has a shameless reputation for counterfeiting stuff. Not just the small ones, but cities and jets alike. A Chinese firm, has now confirmed it has plans to build a replica of the Titanic. It will also simulate the disaster that happened to the original.

Seven Star Energy Investment Group group calls for the billion yuan ($165 million) life-size replica—modeled after the Titanic's sister ship, the Olympic—to be installed at a site along the Qi river in central Sichuan province. Construction of the new Titanic will be complete by 2016.

"We think it's worth spreading the spirit of the Titanic. The universal love and sense of responsibility shown during the Titanic shipwreck represents the spiritual richness of human civilization," Seven Star Energy's CEO, Su Shaojun, told a media conference on Sunday.

The attraction will offer a "6D simulator" that recreates the ship sinking.

"When the ship hits the iceberg, it will shake, it will tumble," Su said. "We will let people experience water coming in by using sound and light effects … They will think: 'The water will drown me. I must escape with my life.'"

Does this sound a tad bit disrespectful to the 1,500 people who lost their lives to the tragedy? What do you think? [The Guardian]