In Martin Scorsese's controversial new film, Robbie Margot spends most of her time on screen either her knickers or wearing nothing at all. And apparently, it's all for a good reason.

In an interview with The Daily Telegraph, the 23-year-old Australian actress admits that while she initially had some concerns, her manager eventually convinced her by saying "If there’s ever going to be a time for nudity, this is the director you do it with." She explained:
"I think nudity for the sake of nudity is shameful... If they’ve put it in just so that a girl gets her top off, then that’s disgusting. And you can always tell."

"But I also think it’s disgusting when someone would have got naked in real life, in the film they conveniently leave their bra on, or hold up the bed sheet. Seeing someone being choreographed into being covered up irritates me just as much."

"The whole point of Naomi is that her body is her only form of currency in this world. So when Marty was trying to help me out, and said in the scene where she seduces Jordan perhaps I could have a robe on, I said she wouldn’t. She has to be naked. She’s laying her cards on the table."
Robbie also revealed that some of the sex scenes she filmed with her co-star Leonardo DiCaprio were actually more explicit than what was shown in the final cut.
“It was actually a lot more risqué than the final cut,” the Australian actress tells Mandrake at the film’s premiere at the Odeon Leicester Square in London. “A lot of it got cut in the final edit, so you lot haven’t seen the half of it.”

Robbie adds of the take with Leonardo DiCaprio: “It was nerve-wracking leading up to it, but we had a very limited amount of time to shoot those scenes. The sooner I got it done, the sooner I could put my clothes back on.”