Not only were these two the biggest action stars in Hollywood back in day, but they also hated each other. This was revealed by Stallone to US talk show host David Letterman. Here's how he described their intense rivalry:
“We had a violent hatred,” he said. “Have you ever had that ever? Competition where you really had an arch enemy that kind of brings out the best in you. As Arnold would say, it really pushed you to accelerate.”
The animosity between the pair got so bad, that Stallone stated that he hated “that [Schwarzenegger] was on the planet, basically.”

But Stallone didn't spend his days throwing knives at Terminator posters. Instead, he used his hate to raise his acting game to beat Schwarzenegger's box office hits:
“After a while, I started to like this competition, this one-upmanship. He’d get a bigger gun. I’d shoot more people. He’d shoot more people. But then, he went into science fiction, which kind of left me behind.”
But now, it seems that the pair have put their troubled relationship behind them. In 2010, they both starred in The Expendables, a franchise which has since spawned two sequels. They're also starring together in the new movie 'Escape Plan.' Watch the trailer below:

Telegraph