Philip Seymour Hoffman was a great actor. He's intense. Man, he's oozing it out in every word he says. The world will miss such a talent in films. He was found dead after a suspected drug overdose.

Here he is thanking his mom at the 78th Academy Awards. and it was incredibly endearing. You'll notice that this clip, however, features another actor who died way before his time: Heath Ledger, who would've probably won the Oscar if Hoffman wasn't so amazing as Truman Capote.

"For me, acting is torturous, and it's torturous because you know it's a beautiful thing. I was young once, and I said, That's beautiful and I want that. Wanting it is easy, but trying to be great — well, that's absolutely torturous."

He was found dead in his apartment earlier today. The actor was known for the depth of his characters as well as his range. Here are some of his best performances. We're sure there are plenty more.

Almost Famous (2000):

Synechdoche, New York (2008):

The Master (2012):

Details are still emerging but according to officials, Hoffman's death is most likely a drug overdose. He went to rehab last spring for heroin addiction.