Talk about the pot calling the kettle black. Singer Katy Perry recently did an interview with NPR’s Scott Simon, and lamented on the current trend of female pop singers being skimpy to sell albums.

Apparently Perry considers herself to be something of an “inspiration or whatever” to her young fans and can't understand why there aren’t that many wholesome singers out there anymore:
And a lot of people see me as a role model but I'd like to kind of turn that around and say I appreciate that but I'd like to be seen as an inspiration. Because a role model, I think, will fail you. I mean, I couldn't tell kids when it's time for them to try things or do things. I mean, that's not my role. But, you know, it's funny. I do see myself becoming this, whatever, inspiration out of default right now, 'cause it's such a strange world. Like females in pop - everybody's getting naked. I mean, I've been naked before but I don't feel like I have to always get naked to be noticed.
When the interviewer asked Perry if she was specifically referring to anyone, she managed to dodge the bullet by responding with this vague statement:
I'm not talking about anyone in particular. I'm talking about all of them. I mean, it's like everybody's so naked. It's like put it away. We know you've got it. I got it too. I've taken it off for - I've taken it out here and there. And I'm not necessarily judging. I'm just saying sometimes it's nice to play that card but also it's nice to play other cards. And I know I have that sexy card in my deck but I don't always have to use that card.
Actually, we beg to differ...

Sounds to us that Perry might just be feeling a little threatened knowing that all her younger counterparts are now following in her exact footsteps and eclipsing her own fame. But she really shouldn't be too worried about anyone stealing the spotlight from that bountiful rack of hers.