Vivienne Jolie-Pitt will be making her foray into movies, and the first one is Maleficent, where mommy Angelina Jolie will be starring as the titular character. How did she get the role, aside from being related? The answer is because she was the only kid not afraid of all that scary ass makeup.

In Entertainment Weekly’s cover story about Maleficent, Angie Jolie says that one of her kids had to play Young Aurora, because all of the little girls they auditioned ran away after seeing her looking like what evil was supposed to look like. Even Pax!

“When Pax saw me for the first time, he ran away and got upset — and I thought he was kidding, so I was pretending to chase him until I actually found him crying. I had to take off pieces [of the makeup] in front of him to show him it was all fake and not freak out so much.

We think it’s fun for our kids to have cameos and join us on set, but not to be actors. That’s not our goal for Brad and I at all. But the other 3- and 4-year-old [performers] wouldn’t come near me. It had to be a child that liked me and wasn’t afraid of my horns and my eyes and my claws. So it had to be Viv.”
Taking after mommy's braveness at such a young age already?