Dogs are known to be some of the most compassionate animals in the world. And this precious pup named Xander pretty much proves it.

The blind pug suffered a head injury when he was just a baby, which caused doctors to remove his eyes. He also apparently suffers from breathing problems due to the accident.

Xander was left at the Klamath Animal Shelter to live out his days. Luckily, he was soon adopted by a loving couple named Rodney and Marcie, who saw something special in Xander that set him apart from their other 7 dogs.
“I loved him,” Rodney said, reminiscing of the first time he met Xander. “Just his personality and everything, I was saying, ‘I take this dog, he’s going to make a fantastic therapy dog.’”
Even though he can't see, that doesn't stop Xander from showing some love to thousands of people, ranging from abused children to the sick and elderly:
“A lot of times he’ll hear a child crying at an event and he’s bolted several times, at least 500 feet over to this child to comfort them.”
To keep tabs on all the folks that have been touched by Xander's special gift, visit his Facebook page here

[Buzzfeed]