You should know by now that swimsuit models aren't immune to anxiety like the rest of us normal folk when hitting the beach. They probably feel a bit more comfortable than many women in those situations, but only because they've picked up a few tricks to helping them look their best and feel confident.

Try these tips the next time you're planning to hit the beach:

Try on as Many Different Suits as You Can.

"I know it's frustrating because you can stand there and be like, 'Nothing looks good!'" says Victoria's Secret model Behati Prinsloo. "But I think the more you try on—especially with the new Victoria's Secret swim collection, it's got so many styles—there' s something for everybody."

Fellow VS Angel, Alessandra Ambrosio agrees—adding that it's important to try on different styles, not just different suits - because when you try on one type of swimsuit you gravitate toward you might get fed up if that's not the most flattering option for you: "I'll just put on every single kind of cut that exists if I have the time," she says. "I'll just really take my time trying to figure out what looks better for my body, and I think that's what women have to do."

Make Choices That Help You Look and Feel Good Before You Step Out in Your Bikini

Both models say they do Pilates all year-round, but they're extra diligent about it in the couple of weeks before they have to do a swimwear shoot. "I'll just kind of pump it up maybe a week or two before the trip," says Prinsloo. "That, and also cutting out sugar, cutting out salt because it makes you retain a lot of water. It really helps a lot." Both models say they also use self-tanner and bronzer to give them a little boost—both physically and psychologically.

Have a Backup Plan

You could be a gym-buff and STILL have days when you're not feeling your hottest. But don't let that keep you from enjoying the beach or the pool. As Ambrosio says when insecurities hit: "That's when I'll wear a one-piece suit or lay on the beach in a cute cover up and just keep it on."