Aston Martin will remain faithful to V12 engines for the foreseeable future. The automaker is going to resist the way of hybrid, like how Ferrari, McLaren and Porsche are using now.

Aston Martin CEO Ulrich Bez doesn’t have good things to say about the Porsche 918 Spyder, Ferrari LaFerrari and McLaren P1. The additional weight of the batteries spoil the purity of extreme machines and the benefits of hybrids are not what customers want in such cars.

“We will not have a hybrid in next year or the year after. Hybridisation has two aspects; like in F1 to pass someone, which is irrelevant on the road, and the other is to be more fuel-efficient. But it is very simple; if you drive a little slower you will be much better off,” said Bez, according to Australian outlet, Drive.

“I am a purist and I think a sports car should have as low weight as possible. It should be in as minimalistic as it can be and this does not work with hybridisation,” he said. “I don’t think it is necessary to give me a power shot on the road. I don’t think I need something that gives me 100hp more. I do not know why I need an extra 100kg just to get those things. I think a pure sports car does not need this,” Bez said.

What do you think? Is he right? Should supercars skip the hybrid tech altogether?