Remodelling the kitchen can be very exciting but you have to be extremely careful about it at the same time. There are a lot of things to consider when it comes to re doing the kitchen, and everything should be looked at with extra caution and attention. Before you approach any kitchen designers or go to kitchen showrooms, we highly advise that you give this article a good look because it will give you a plethora of ideas on a lot of things.
Some of the things you should splurge on
• A second sink is a very wise investment if you don’t have one already. It is the perfect space to keep the dirty dishes, so they don’t all clutter up in one place where you have to wash the dishes too.
• Custom kitchen cabinets
are definitely worth the splurge because they will give your kitchen an incredibly sophisticated look. If your kitchen is a place where you spend most of your time then we advise to splurge on these to change the whole look of the kitchen.
• Under lighting for your cabinets will really add to the aesthetics of the kitchen. If you have a bigger budget for the cabinets then you can go for XENON light bulbs which are slightly more expensive but give great lighting. Or you could choose even choose an energy efficient option that could be light on the pocket too.
Some of the things you should not splurge on
• Glazed cabinets are not practical at all, and they will only increase the costs. They will also start looking really outdated as trends change meaning you will be tempted to change them again.
• A wine fridge is definitely not worth the money. Your regular fridge will do just fine at cooling your fridge, unless you are extremely specific at what degree your fridge cools your wine at.
• If your kitchen isn’t big enough, that means you should not display everything on the counter tops as it will give the kitchen a very cluttered and messy look. There are a lot of ways you can make do with the space you already have such as pivoting half circle shelves that will slide out from the cabinet. They are extremely practical and exceptionally great for small kitchens.
• There are also things like double sliding shelves that are super practical if you are low on space. These basically have two shelves, with the second one tucked away inside the cabinet so it is not visible until you pull it out.
• If you are into the idea of these concealed shelves, then there are also pull out shelves you can get for your cabinets. They come out completely, so you don’t have to really get into the whole cabinet to look for that missing mug.
We hope these tips prove to be helpful when re designing your kitchen and also provide you with some functional and practical ideas.