It's not just consumer electronics companies that are eyeing the real estate of your wrist. It looks like Nissan is joining the fray too, with its first smart watch to connect the car and driver.
The automaker will be showing off the device dubbed Nissan Nismo Watch at the Frankfurt Motor Show.
The target of the Nismo Watch are drivers of Nissan Nismo cars. Nismo
is Nissan's motorsport and performance division overseeing supercars, race cars and more. Here are some of the things the Nismo Watch can do:
- Connects to the car using a smartphone app as a Bluetooth Smart device
- Access vehicle telematics and performance data while on the track
- Capture biometric data via a heart-rate monitor in the watch
- Monitor the efficiency of your car with average speed and fuel-consumption readings
- Get tailored car messages from Nissan
The Nismo watch can also track and rate the user's social media performance across Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram using its Social Speed software.
The Nismo Watch comes in black, white and black and red and it was designed to look like the Nismo ring. The watch is controlled with two buttons and should get over seven days of battery life with normal usage.
What do you think of it? Certainly looks better than Samsung's Galaxy Gear.