It’s definitely not easy to get a decent used cars nowadays from your average car dealer. Luckily the deal is only hard until you know how to handle that guy. After you learn the tricks below you will see how easy it is to get what you need for little money.
First of all you will have to beat the seller at his own game. Here are several life hacks that work!
• If you know the car you want – just email a few of them about all the details, the color. The year of the car and whatever else. Ask them if they have one. Sellers have the habit of luring people directly into the store and they use lack of details and clarifications to say “yes, we have a car just like that”. The more you describe, the higher are the odds only fitting sellers will reply.
• If you see an ad with the perfect car – ask all about it in advance. Say something like, “Do you still have that black Challenger 604 with chrome and vinyl?”Why? Because sellers, as I said before, love to lure buyers into the store and can even display a car they don’t have. You don’t want to deal with that!
Once in store
Now that the initial part of your acquaintance with the dealer is over, it is time to finally set your feet in the store. Here’s what you should do once there:
• Don’t be alone. Grab a friend or a family member for the ride. The truth is that people are vulnerable when alone, especially under pressure. You will be surrounded by an unknown environment where the salesperson is king. You need backup.
• Don’t talk too much. In a negotiation, the first person to speak looses. If you like a car and feel like paying for it – just wait a little bit more. Don’t show interest. In 10 cases out of 10 you will get an initial discount. Same can be said about any displays of enthusiasm or excitement. Imagine you are at the poker table and try your best to bluff as hard as possible.
• The last, but not least – never say what you are willing to spend. That question “how much are you willing to spend” is not something used to help you while picking a ride. It’s used as a plank for the dealer. He will use your initial limit and tailor whatever he is showing to it. Heck, he might even show worse cars for a higher rate and leave all the better ones beyond the limit.
Now, that you are armed and ready – enjoy that new ride you will get !
The allure of the open road has never been stronger, especially in an age where flexible lifestyles and the quest for unique experiences dominate our choices. The RV industry, responding to this wanderlust, offers a myriad of options for those yearning to explore, with travel trailers and motorhomes being two of the most popular choices among adventurers. Read more
Atlanta is a city that embodies the essence of Georgia. As a metropolis, it stands as the capital and largest city in the state, serving as a dynamic hub for a population that has steadily surged over the years, with nearly 500,000 residents calling it home and a metropolitan population exceeding 6 million. Read more
In our digitally-driven world, convenience and cost-savings are paramount considerations for any purchase, and car insurance is no exception. Shopping for car insurance online has surged in popularity thanks to its accessibility and the potential to save money. You've landed on the right page if you're pursuing the finest online car insurance deals. Read more