Boy Dies from Bubonic Plague After Eating Infected Rodent Meat
Aug 28, 2013 19:47
A teenage boy in Kyrgyzstan died last week from eating infected barbecued meat, fueling fears of a bubonic plague outbreak, as reported by Guardian. The meat was from a marmot, a rodent known to be a carrier of the disease.
Guardian reports that more than 100 people who came into contact with 15-year old Temir Issakunov have been quarantined. This makes the first case of plague in the region in 30 years. The bubonic plague is caused by bacteria that lives in the guts of fleas, and can be transmitted to humans or rodents through flea bites.
This plague is believed to have cause the Black Death, killing about one-third of the European population in the 14th century.
In today's fast-paced world, where time is the ultimate luxury, household appliances have become indispensable. From the refrigerator that preserves our food to the washing machine that ensures our clothes are fresh and clean, we often take these machines for granted. That is, until they malfunction. This is where the importance of appliance repair comes into play, restoring our daily routine's smooth functioning. Read more
Most people do not change their style or upgrade it because they think that style comes with a hefty price tag. However, if you want to enhance men's fashion in Koh Samui, that can be both affordable and rewarding. All you need is creativity, resourcefulness, and a few strategic choices. Read more