Boy Dies from Bubonic Plague After Eating Infected Rodent Meat
Aug 28, 2013 19:47
A teenage boy in Kyrgyzstan died last week from eating infected barbecued meat, fueling fears of a bubonic plague outbreak, as reported by Guardian. The meat was from a marmot, a rodent known to be a carrier of the disease.
Guardian reports that more than 100 people who came into contact with 15-year old Temir Issakunov have been quarantined. This makes the first case of plague in the region in 30 years. The bubonic plague is caused by bacteria that lives in the guts of fleas, and can be transmitted to humans or rodents through flea bites.
This plague is believed to have cause the Black Death, killing about one-third of the European population in the 14th century.
The teen magazine, in all its forms, has been around since the 1940s. These publications reached into the female adolescent experience, influencing fashion trends through articles on celebrity style and introducing new crushes to readers. Read more
Event transportation is a crucial part of your guests’ experience. Rather than leaving it up to your attendees to arrange their own travel, a well-planned shuttle service can ensure that everyone gets where they’re going on time and in style. Read more