Boy Dies from Bubonic Plague After Eating Infected Rodent Meat
Aug 28, 2013 19:47
A teenage boy in Kyrgyzstan died last week from eating infected barbecued meat, fueling fears of a bubonic plague outbreak, as reported by Guardian. The meat was from a marmot, a rodent known to be a carrier of the disease.
Guardian reports that more than 100 people who came into contact with 15-year old Temir Issakunov have been quarantined. This makes the first case of plague in the region in 30 years. The bubonic plague is caused by bacteria that lives in the guts of fleas, and can be transmitted to humans or rodents through flea bites.
This plague is believed to have cause the Black Death, killing about one-third of the European population in the 14th century.
If you've been charged with DUI, you might be facing hefty penalties, including the potential suspension or revocation of your license. Most people with a DUI charge would like to beat that charge, giving them a chance to move on and learn from their mistakes. Read more
With its distinctive and exciting gameplay, Spribe's 2019 release of The Aviator Game has captured the attention of many gamblers. This random number generator-powered casino-style game, which has an airplane with growing odds, is becoming increasingly prevalent in the world's crash gaming market. Read more
On entering into a casino, the first step towards hopefully hitting a win is choosing the most suitable slot game. And with the vast options of games calling at you, choosing the best fit can be a tricky minefield. For online casino games, it’s pretty much the same feeling, except that, in this case, you have more control. Read more