Lee Hoffman is "incredibly bizarre", according to the man himself. For the last five years, Hoffman tracked every emotion, activity, thought and even food items that goes into his body.

He began collecting these details during an "emotionally volatile" time in his life (dating a girl and juggling a lot of different things) so he could get a better sense of how different events affected his well-being. In the process, he found a certain thrill from being able to relive every moment later.

"I have very, very detailed records," Hoffman, a serial entrepreneur, said. "I have thousands of notes on my iPhone."

People like you and I probably don't have such detailed records of every single thought, emotion, or meal, but Hoffman believes he can change that.

He and co-founder Angela Kim just unveiled a new app for iPhone and OXS called Memoir, which promises to help users relive their memories without having to go through the insane amount of effort that he did.

The app syncs and stores photos from your phone and computer in the cloud, organizes them according to date, and then pulls in data from social networks like Facebook, Instagram and Foursquare to provide a more social context.

It also uses the time stamp and geolocation data to determine if a Foursquare check-in should be grouped together with an Instagram photo or picture from your phone's camera roll. It also analyzes data about those you're connected to on social networks to determine if they were part of a particular moment, even if you never tagged them, to make it easier to search for moments you shared.

Hoffman describes Memoir as big data for personal memories. "We are making sense of whats going on to play it back to you and fill in the pieces," he says.

Memoir has so far raised $1.2 million from Betaworks, SV Angel, Lerer Ventures and others.

Hoffman's long term goal is to give everyone who uses the app a "perfect memory."

"Basically every thing that your memory does, we can do if we have enough data being captured," he says, "You're sitting there 15 years down the road with your kid asking what the first date with mom was like, [and you can say] 'Let me show you.'"