Ever got a burning question about technology that you've always wanted to ask but were to embarrass to? Well, you're not alone. We take a look at some of the more recent, and common questions, from what a cloud is to why your laptop gets hot and what a meme is. Take a look at the list after the jump.

What's a hashtag?

The hashtag is a system to identify and sort tweets using the pound sign. It's not only for tweets these days. You can see it all over almost just about every social network platform. What can you hashtag? Basically just about anything. #somethinglikethis perhaps? Why not.

What's a meme?

A meme is an element of a culture or behavior that may be passed from one individual to another by nongenetic means, especially imitation. The word online refers to Internet culture, which means, you get all the I Haz This And Not That and many more. There's so many out there right now. If you want a quick education, just google meme and look at the image results that come up,

Why does my laptop get so hot?

A hot laptop doesn't mean it's going to explode or that it is broken. The reason for that is because it is trying to keep it from overheating. But if it gets way too hot, you may just have some problems. Best to know when too hot really is.

What's the difference between a Mac and a PC?

It's hard to imagine anyone not knowing this. PCs run on Windows, which is the operating system. Macs run on OS X, which is another type of operating system.

Think of it as currency. You can use a certain currency in some places, but definitely not everywhere else.

How does Google make money?

The majority of Google's income comes from advertising. Of the company's $33.3 billion revenue last year, online ads made up 97%.

Why do ads follow me around the Internet?

That's because Google's AdWords follow you around based on what you've searched.

A Google "cookie" is your identifying factor and corresponds to a spot in some computer database telling the ad software to show you ads for whatever you searched.

Will Facebook ever start charging to use its service?

Well, lets hope not right?

Why does Apple use "i" for all its gadgets?

The "i" was first introduced in 1998 with the introduction of the iMac. It stood for Internet, which pretty much stuck around through all their products.

What the heck is a "cloud?"

"Cloud" services are external storage elsewhere. It lets you access data over the Internet without having to store anything locally on a device. There's iCloud, Google Drive and Dropbox and more.

How do you make an app?

iOS apps are written in a language called Objective-C. There are a lot of beginner tutorials just a Google search away.

If you want to submit an iOS app to the App Store, you have to pay an annual $99 fee to register as an Apple developer.