Not sure how this will in any benefit the LGBT community, but we doubt doing anything "for art sake" is going to benefit anyone. Case in point this art school student named Clayton Pettet, who is really eager to share his "grand opening" with the world.

And by that, we mean he's planning to have anal sex for the first time in front of an audience.

The second-year student at London's Central Saint Martins art school intends to conduct the one-time-only performance art piece entitled "Art School Stole My Virginity."

The exhibit will involve Pettet and a friend engaging in safe anal sex on stage at an art space in the London Borough of Hackney. He expects between 50 and 100 classmates and other members of the public to attend. As Pettet explained to the Huffington Post:
"The key thing about performance art is that it should only be performed once, and this is the ultimate once-in-a-lifetime performance,"

"Since culturally we do hold quite a lot of value to the idea of virginity I have decided to use mine and the loss of it to create a piece that I think will stimulate interesting debate and questions regarding the subject," Pettet said.
Not surprisingly, some members of the LGBT community aren't too happy to hear the news. One activist stated the reason that the whole stunt just "cheapens our own sexual relationships."

Pettet has since responded to the criticism on his Tumblr blog (NSFW) by calling virginity "a performance created by the species Human:Male."

[Huffington Post]