Tom Hiddleston has suddenly become the Internet and Marvel's villain darling. His stage presence is undeniably felt, and Loki has become an indispensable character in the Marvel universe.

In a recent interview with Entertainment Weekly, Hiddleston was asked whether he thought that his Loki had become something of a "sexy beast." He answers:
I don't know because it's not a part of the conscious construction. I take relish in playing him. I think there's a physical self-possession about him, a self-acceptance. Of course I've been very exacting about his physicality. You know, I was born with very blonde, curly hair, and a mixture of Scottish and English genes, and my complexion is very ruddy and healthy. In making him with this raven black hair and blanching my face of all color, it changes my features. Suddenly my blue eyes look a lot bluer, which lends a severity to my face. And even my own smile has a distorted menace to it. Whatever comes through me naturally is distorted. It's almost like a filter on a light.
That's right. Indispensable now.