Anything to do with sex is interesting, and what you're about to find out could make your mid-week pub stories. Below is an excerpt from "1,227 Quite Interesting Facts", a collection of hard-to-believe yet entirely true miscellanea, put together by the creators of the British quiz show, "QI."
Check it out:
1. One in ten European babies is conceived in an IKEA bed.
2. Alfred Kinsey, author of Sexual Behavior in the Human Male (1948), had a collection of 5 million wasps and could insert a toothbrush into his penis, bristle-end first.
3. British spies stopped using semen as invisible ink because it began to smell if it wasn’t fresh.
4. A single sperm contains 37.5 MB of DNA information. One ejaculation represents a data transfer of 15,875 GB, equivalent to the combined capacity of 62 MacBook Pro laptops.
5. Male fruitflies rejected by females drink significantly more alcohol than those that have had a successful encounter.
6. A female ferret will die if she doesn't have sex for a year.
7. Seven Viagra tablets are sold every second.
8. The German for "contraceptive" is Schwangerschaftsverhütungsmittel. By the time you've finished saying it, it's too late.
9. The American Psychiatric Association listed homosexuality as a mental illness until 1973.
10. The best-selling work of fiction of the 15th century was "The Tale of the Two Lovers," an erotic novel by the man who later became Pope Pius II.
11. A single human male produces enough sperm in two weeks to impregnate every fertile woman on the planet.
12. In 2008, archaeologists in Cyprus found a 7th-century curse inscribed on a lead tablet that said, "May your penis hurt when you make love." Nobody knows who made the curse, or why.
13. The founder of match.com, Gary Kremen, lost his girlfriend to a man she met on match.com.
14. Gymnophoria is the sense that someone is mentally undressing you.
15. A female chimpanzee in a fit of passion has the strength of six men.
16. At the 2012 London Olympics, which lasted for 17 days, the athletes were provided with 150,000 free condoms- approximately 15 each.
17. The "G-spot" was nearly called the Whipple Tickle- after Professor Beverley Whipple, who coined the expression that we know today.
Every woman’s been there. You meet a great sugar daddy who seems like he could be the one. He’s good-looking, he’s ambitious, he’s smart, and he’s incredibly fun to be around. You can picture a fantastic future with him at times, but there’s just one glaring problem. You’re not really sure he sees the same future for himself with you. Read more
If you are suffering from anxiety, a common mental health disorder, don’t worry, you are not solitary. Millions of people are affected globally. There are a number of ways to combat these issues. Instead of spending more money on drugs, which also cause adverse side effects, people approach the natural way to reduce anxiety. Read more
Kratom consumption is quite frequent, and its consumer percentage keeps rising. While most people depend on kratom for comfort, experts constantly develop new types of strains to solve specific health issues. Each strain delivers different effects from that of the other types. Studying each type in depth is essential to infer which is best suited to your needs. The pimp kratom is one of the popular varieties of kratom. Read more