Anything to do with sex is interesting, and what you're about to find out could make your mid-week pub stories. Below is an excerpt from "1,227 Quite Interesting Facts", a collection of hard-to-believe yet entirely true miscellanea, put together by the creators of the British quiz show, "QI."
Check it out:
1. One in ten European babies is conceived in an IKEA bed.
2. Alfred Kinsey, author of Sexual Behavior in the Human Male (1948), had a collection of 5 million wasps and could insert a toothbrush into his penis, bristle-end first.
3. British spies stopped using semen as invisible ink because it began to smell if it wasn’t fresh.
4. A single sperm contains 37.5 MB of DNA information. One ejaculation represents a data transfer of 15,875 GB, equivalent to the combined capacity of 62 MacBook Pro laptops.
5. Male fruitflies rejected by females drink significantly more alcohol than those that have had a successful encounter.
6. A female ferret will die if she doesn't have sex for a year.
7. Seven Viagra tablets are sold every second.
8. The German for "contraceptive" is Schwangerschaftsverhütungsmittel. By the time you've finished saying it, it's too late.
9. The American Psychiatric Association listed homosexuality as a mental illness until 1973.
10. The best-selling work of fiction of the 15th century was "The Tale of the Two Lovers," an erotic novel by the man who later became Pope Pius II.
11. A single human male produces enough sperm in two weeks to impregnate every fertile woman on the planet.
12. In 2008, archaeologists in Cyprus found a 7th-century curse inscribed on a lead tablet that said, "May your penis hurt when you make love." Nobody knows who made the curse, or why.
13. The founder of match.com, Gary Kremen, lost his girlfriend to a man she met on match.com.
14. Gymnophoria is the sense that someone is mentally undressing you.
15. A female chimpanzee in a fit of passion has the strength of six men.
16. At the 2012 London Olympics, which lasted for 17 days, the athletes were provided with 150,000 free condoms- approximately 15 each.
17. The "G-spot" was nearly called the Whipple Tickle- after Professor Beverley Whipple, who coined the expression that we know today.
Although traditional banks shy away from borrowers with bad credit, there are many alternative loan options available. Poor credit is defined as a FICO score that ranges from 350 to 579. If a borrower with bad credit goes to a traditional lender, they still have options but will likely need a co-signer. With this guide, individuals will learn how much they can get a loan even if their credit score is lacking. Read more
Water is a natural resource that is very critical for the existence of life. It is also a ubiquitous liquid that every person interacts with it daily. We use water in many ways, including drinking, cleaning, cooking, transportation, etc. However, water is a vital commodity; it can be destructive, especially when it gets to areas it’s not supposed to be. Read more
Every woman’s been there. You meet a great sugar daddy who seems like he could be the one. He’s good-looking, he’s ambitious, he’s smart, and he’s incredibly fun to be around. You can picture a fantastic future with him at times, but there’s just one glaring problem. You’re not really sure he sees the same future for himself with you. Read more