China is well known for imitating just about everything. A report released by the U.N. Office on Drugs and Crime earlier this year showed that the country accounted for 70% of all counterfeit goods between 2008 and 2010.
They've even begun to make life-size replicas of European towns! Shanghai even rolled out a "One city, Nine Towns" scheme with small towns built in a different international style.
Here are some of the (hilarious) Chinese rip-offs that have landed the companies in legal messes:
2. HARRY POTTER: They even ripped off Harry Potter and Lord of The Rings
in one book: Harry Potter and the Leopard Walk-Up-To Dragon (WTF!!!).
3. STARBUCKS: People in China don't realize Bucksstar Coffee was reminiscent of Starbucks? This, however,
isn't the only Starbucks rip-off — there's been Seyahi Coffee and Star
4. PIZZA HUT: A very confused Pizza Huh joint.
5. GROUPON: Groupon.cn is actually a rip-off. The real Groupon China is called Gaopeng.
6. WAL-MART: A Wumart spokesperson said, "We dream about being the Walmart of China."
7. ROLLS ROYCE: This 'Geely GE' looks an awful lot like a Rolls Royce Phantom.
8. US AIRCRAFT CARRIER: The replica sits in the National Defense section of the Oriental Park near Shanghai
9. KATE MIDDLETON'S ENGAGEMENT RING: Some of these fakes retailed at only US $15.
10. GOOGLE: When Google threatened to leave China, Goojje popped up.
11. iPHONE: HiPhone?!
12. iPAD: Why wasn't it called a HiPad? This one's the Apad. Although, it has a USB port which iPads lack.
13. APPLE: Not only were their devices ripped off, so were their stores.
14. OIL PAINTINGS: Dafen, also known as the "town of painting replicas," is responsible for 60% of the world's oil painting market.
15. BUDDHAS: This includes replicas of the 'Buddhas of Bamiyan' that were destroyed by the Taliban.
16. DISNEYLAND: The park denied using copies of Walt Disney characters.
17. GIANT RUBBER DUCK: The Dutch conceptual artist Florentijn Hofman's Rubber Duck that was originally showcased in Hong Kong were replicated as many as 10 times.
18. PARIS: Tianducheng was built to replicate Paris, included a 354-foot replica of the Eiffel tower.
19. ENGLISH TOWNS: Thames Town in China's Songjiang, near Shanghai, replicates architectural styles from English towns.
20. HOLLAND: Here's Holland village with its own windmill.
21. FLORENCE: A canal flows through the center of a replica Florentine village in China on the outskirts of the city of Tianjin.
22. HALLSTATT: They also replicated UNESCO world heritage site, Hallstatt.
23. US CAPITOL: Full-scale replicas of the U.S. Capitol building have been constructed in the cities of Wuxi and Fuyang.
24. THE WHITE HOUSE: The White House replica is at Beijing World Park.
25. SYDNEY: Of course, you can't leave out the Sydney Harbour Bridge and Sydney Opera House in Beijing.
26. TROJAN: In 2010, federal officials discovered more than half-a-million fake Trojan condoms that were being sold through a counterfeit smuggling ring.
Good if you have your trusted locksmith in Caulfield. Even better if you also have your go-to locksmith if ever you are from another place. At least you don’t have to deal with scams and other fly-by-night locksmiths operating nowadays. Sure, they possess skills in installation of intercom systems, fixing locks, rekeying and other locksmith services, but they may jack up their service rates which may catch you off-guard. Read more
By now you’ve heard about Bitcoin. Well, it’s a phenomenon that has taken the world by storm and still makes noise to this day. It changed the way people look at money and has gotten a lot of users recently. That’s because this virtual currency has a lot of benefits and you’ll need to be familiar with them if you’re looking to use it. Read more
For everyone to have access to the same healthcare and resources, certain lawyers need to be available to help solely those with disabilities. Since having medical problems can lead to more expensive and extensive prices and procedures, having programs and lawyers specifically trained to help these citizens are crucial. Read more