Women over 70 reported that they're having the best sex of their lives. BECAUSE THEY'RE LYING. Well, that's what it sounds like anyway.

But when you really think about it, admittedly, that report gives women hope - that sex doesn't die along with your ovaries.

Iris Krasnow's book, Sex After...Women Share How Intimacy Changes As Life Changes, chronicles the sex lives of 150 women between the ages 20 and 90 in two years. The group she says surprised her most was the Golden Girls set. These women over 70 reported having the best sex of their lives.

Here are just some of the anecdotes:
A 77-year-old told me she was inspired to try fellatio for the first time after watching a YouTube video titled "Learn How to Give a Blow Job Like a Pro."

I was flipping through a copy ofLady Chatterley's Lover, refreshing my memory of that iconic work of erotica, when a silver-haired saleswoman told me I should also buy Fifty Shades of Grey. "I am 75, and it was my older sister who recommended them," she added. "My sister said some of the scenes gave her more orgasms than she'd had since her 30s. You do know that old people do it, too."

Standing barely 5-feet tall, 88-year-old Libby spoke of her colossal sexual appetite up until her husband's death, at the age of 91. "We were married for 58 years and to the end of his life, George and I never lost the magic of our physical attraction for each other," Libby said. "This business that every woman over the age of 70 or 80 doesn't lubricate is nonsense. I guess people today would call us sex addicts, because we made love so often and thought about it every day. We would spend hours in bed, and we would talk and laugh and roll around.

"Every week we put a date and a time on our calendar to make love," Shirley began. "On that day, I put on a gorgeous, sexy nightgown and that makes it even more exciting. We also find that a little bit of marijuana is a nice addition to our sex lives. I am having some of the hottest sex now, better than I had in my 20s or 30s or 40s. One of my secrets is that we are so comfortable with each other that we will try anything to keep things hot."

"After 70, there comes a sweetness about making love. We go slowly, there is no rush anymore. When you're younger, it's all about the orgasm, then it's over. I love this suspended feeling, the absolute intimacy we have been able to achieve."
Ok, these words are encouraging. And it's nice to see that these ladies and their partners are enjoying sex as much as any youngling would.

Of course, there still are many women who aren't discovering their sexual peak after retirement, so these sexual enjoyment 'till death do part' really can't be measured; in which case if you really aren't feeling sex anymore (at any age) that's okay too. But if you WANT to be having sex at 70 and can't seem to ignite a spark in your hooha, there are doctors you can speak to, and ideas aplenty on the Internet to get you going.

Image via