18 Things You Wish Someone Told You About What Sex Really is Like
Dec 24, 2013 02:30
Growing up, talking about sex can get awkward. But we end up discussing it at some point. You may have gotten the girly point of view, or you may have gotten gory details from your much older friends. Some of you may have had to listen to guys dishing the dirt on their sexcapades (which could be very different from when girls talk). Either way, it's all theoretical until you actually experience it for yourself. And I guarantee you'd have had some surprises along the way.
The Huffington Post asked their readers what they wish people had told them about sex before they started doing it. Here are some of the things the site shares:
1. There is no dignified way of "cleaning up" -- and you WILL need to clean up afterwards.
2. A male partner won't always have a higher sex drive than you.
3. You can have as much sex as you want, with as many people as you like.
4. Sex is truly awesome when you really love the person you're having it with.
5. Women are allowed to enjoy sex as much as men.
6. Sex doesn't look like it does in the movies -- or in porn.
7. You are not more valuable as a person if someone wants to have sex with you, and you are not less valuable as a person if you choose not to.
8. Learn what turns you on and don't be afraid to ask for it, because your partner isn't a mind-reader.
9. It's fine to say "no" -- it doesn't make you less sexual.
10. The best sex is about mutual giving.
11. Plenty of women can't orgasm from intercourse alone. An estimated 50 to 75 percent of women require clitoral stimulation.
12. It's easy to get caught up in the moment, so know how you plan to protect yourself from pregnancy and STDs beforehand.
13. Great sex does not equal great love.
14. Anxieties and fears about sex are totally normal -- and it's (more than) fine to talk about them.
15. Just like with anything else, to get good you need practice. Sex is not something you're born knowing how to do well.
16. It can be really, really awkward.
17. Your "sexual peak" won't necessarily be in your twenties.
18. Experiment! (And have fun doing so.)
Do any of these look familiar to you? We can definitely relate: It really isn't as glamorous as what you read or see on TV. But it sure is an experience.
Adolescence is a hard time for everyone in a family. Your teen has to deal with a lot of physical and emotional changes, sometimes in a hostile school environment, while you have to adjust to a change in your relationship as your child is no longer a little kid. Read more
As a result of the increased population and advancements in technology that are shaping the way we live our lives, the sustainability of our planet is in greater danger than ever before. From the launch of harmful emissions to extremely high levels of waste - it's becoming unbearable. Read more
How many times did you stop to check out a product only because it's packaging captured your attention? First impressions are essential, and the packaging matters as much as the product itself. No matter how great your product is, poor packaging will drag sales down. Read more