18 Things You Wish Someone Told You About What Sex Really is Like
Dec 24, 2013 02:30
Growing up, talking about sex can get awkward. But we end up discussing it at some point. You may have gotten the girly point of view, or you may have gotten gory details from your much older friends. Some of you may have had to listen to guys dishing the dirt on their sexcapades (which could be very different from when girls talk). Either way, it's all theoretical until you actually experience it for yourself. And I guarantee you'd have had some surprises along the way.
The Huffington Post asked their readers what they wish people had told them about sex before they started doing it. Here are some of the things the site shares:
1. There is no dignified way of "cleaning up" -- and you WILL need to clean up afterwards.
2. A male partner won't always have a higher sex drive than you.
3. You can have as much sex as you want, with as many people as you like.
4. Sex is truly awesome when you really love the person you're having it with.
5. Women are allowed to enjoy sex as much as men.
6. Sex doesn't look like it does in the movies -- or in porn.
7. You are not more valuable as a person if someone wants to have sex with you, and you are not less valuable as a person if you choose not to.
8. Learn what turns you on and don't be afraid to ask for it, because your partner isn't a mind-reader.
9. It's fine to say "no" -- it doesn't make you less sexual.
10. The best sex is about mutual giving.
11. Plenty of women can't orgasm from intercourse alone. An estimated 50 to 75 percent of women require clitoral stimulation.
12. It's easy to get caught up in the moment, so know how you plan to protect yourself from pregnancy and STDs beforehand.
13. Great sex does not equal great love.
14. Anxieties and fears about sex are totally normal -- and it's (more than) fine to talk about them.
15. Just like with anything else, to get good you need practice. Sex is not something you're born knowing how to do well.
16. It can be really, really awkward.
17. Your "sexual peak" won't necessarily be in your twenties.
18. Experiment! (And have fun doing so.)
Do any of these look familiar to you? We can definitely relate: It really isn't as glamorous as what you read or see on TV. But it sure is an experience.
Keeping the house clean and fresh is always satisfying, but there are times when this can be a challenge, particularly when you don’t have the solution required for the particular mess that you’re dealing with. Keeping carpets clean is the bane of many home owners, so we figured we’d center today’s article around carpet cleaning. Read more
Environmental degeneration has triggered an urgency among all the industry verticals to shift towards sustainable solutions. Fashion is one of the industries that has been leading this shift in the landscape from the forefront. Also, consumers are becoming increasingly environmentally conscious and looking for stylish products that are also environment-friendly. This can be observed by the increased demand for sustainable clothing brands in Australia. Read more
Fishing enthusiasts are everywhere. In fact, it’s such a popular pastime that as many as 40 million get out there for a spot of angling each and every year. Equally ideal as a hobby or sport to enjoy on your own or with the family, fishing is something that gives you a reason to get out and enjoy nature. Sounds good, right? However, getting started can be a bit tricky when you’re not sure about which fishing supplies you need. Read more