Dry spells are frustrating. Even supermodels aren't spared the drought. Recently-divorced Miranda Kerr told GQ UK this month that the lack of sex was starting to affect her body: "One thing I've noticed is now that I'm having less sex my body isn't as toned. The more sex I have, the more defined my arms and stomach get."

If only having sex would give us all Miranda's toned body. Most of us have to work hard at the gym to achieve half of what Miranda has. But does having less sex really affect your body?

"Going without sex might decrease libido, but it's not going to make someone less toned," says Lauren F. Streicher, M.D., author of Love Sex Again. That being said, going through a dry spell could affect your body in other ways. Streicher says that regular sexual activity increases blood flow down below, which can increase lubrication and elasticity—so you might not get these benefits if you're temporarily off sex.

Also, it turns out that having can boost your workouts, which might be why Miranda is feeling less toned than usual. Streicher says, however, that you won't lose muscle definition from not having sex.