If you haven't heard, Snapchat has reportedly decided to pass on a cool $3 billion offer made by Facebook who wanted to acquire the photo app.

As for why they felt confident enough to turn out all that money, Caroline Moss of Business Insider thinks it might have to do with the app's main users: high school and college students.
These are the people using Snapchat the most, and the ones apparently using Facebook the least, the fact which led [co-founder and CEO Evan Spiegel] to believe the merge wouldn't be the best match.

Yes, we know one teen's opinion does not equal the opinion of all teens, or even a small group of teens. But we are not teens, and we tend to see apps like this for more than just their fun aspects: we see and study the business of them. For an app like Snapchat, the target demographic isn't thinking about logistics.
Whilst interviewing a few of these teen users, a 14-year-old high school freshman confessed that while she hadn't heard about the billion dollar deal, she didn't really care about it either way.
I asked her if she used Snapchat. "Sometimes," she replied. And her friends? They use it too.

What makes it so great? I wanted to know. Her answer was one I'd expect from my own friends: "it's cool, the pictures disappear, and you can just send them like you'd send a text."

She says she and her friends send funny and unflattering pictures of themselves to each other via Snapchat for laughs. So do my friends.
As for whether Snapchat has a future, the teen puts it simply as, "Only until the next new thing comes out." For more on this, head over to Business Insider