Male birth control is the new answer to contraception for men. Why should the ladies have to do all the hormonal controlling and vagina protecting (with exception of condoms)? But how effective are male birth controls? Here are highlights we came across from a Reddit AMA hosted by a guy who participated in an experimental study on male birth control that might answer some questions:

Did it work?

"It definitely worked"

How did it work?

"It was a gel that was applied to my abdomen daily, after my shower (though future iterations, if it becomes a real thing, available to the public would not be in gel form)"

Did it eff up your sperm?

"My balls do work, in fact, all my sperm levels were stronger after a week off the drug than they were prior to me starting the drug."

Would you use it IRL?

"I definitely would consider using this in real life. The talk around the water cooler was that if it became a real thing there would be something implanted in your skin (not very big) that would release your daily dose so you don't have to remember to take a pill."

Any side effects?

"I didn't notice any side effects. The purpose of the study was to test the blood pressure of men, because a handful experienced heightened blood pressure under the drug. My blood pressure, sex drive, etc were all pretty much the same."

Did you have unprotected sex?

"I had a girlfriend at the time and while I knew I was shooting blanks, I wasn't about to put it to the test, it was more of a mental thing for me."

Who is the biggest dick you've ever met in your life?

Derek Jeter.