Solange Knowles, i.e. Beyonce's little sister, recently told Concrete Loop that she's quit the photo-sharing network after being flooded by haters who were being mean towards her loved ones.

In the interview, Solange stated that while she's accustomed to anonymous people making unwarranted criticisms about her, she wasn't going to tolerate the negative comments that her Instagram followers were making about her son and her friends:
"I've always been a part of a very accessible kind of movement of technology. I was on Twitter very early on. I don't know, a part of me just kind of turns an eye to it, and a part of me really feels like the humanization of artists has really just been stripped down. One of the reasons I went off of Instagram — because I was on there for a little while — is because, you know, I would post pictures of my son or my friends, and they'd be criticized. My whole thing is that I'm completely, fully capable of handling negativity for myself. But to put that kind of access to negativity behind people who didn't even ask for it was really troubling to me."
But it's not all bad, as she also stated she does recognize the positive side of social media:
"[Social media] was really a pivotal thing for me, because I was at a label. I put this album out that was completely and wholly a body of work that I was super proud of. But then, on the marketing side of things, the promotional side of things, I was having a daily fight on every decision… and so Twitter was really resourceful for me, because I was able to sort of supply that stuff directly, and I think that was a real turning point in my career, when people were able to get access to who I was and what my interests are and how I spoke."
Read the rest of the exclusive interview here.