A pregnant blogger's diet is causing a ruckus online, simply because her diet consists of a raw, plant-based one. It is mostly fruit and water. Some are considering this as an extreme way of eating unhealthy when pregnant.

The blogger is Loni Jane Anthony. The 25 year old Australian is 26 weeks pregnant and she made headlines after giving an interview to News.com.au about her diet. Her morning meal includes 10 bananas.

The nutrition plan is called the 80:10:10 Diet, which is 80 percent carbs, 10 percent fat and 10 percent protein. It was founded by Dr. Douglas Graham, a raw foodist who doesn't associate the plan with fruitarianism.

Anthony said she had health problems in the past because of her poor diet, and she told News.com.au that the change in her eating habits saved her life three years ago. Her average day starts with warm lemon water in the morning, followed by either half a watermelon, a banana smoothie or whole oranges. She also eats five or six mangos for lunch and a large salad for dinner.

"[This diet] wasn't for weight loss or for a quick fix. I was internally really sick; I was killing myself slowly," Anthony told the website, adding, "Some days, even on my Tumblr, the amount of questions I get asked is just insane. I'm like 'why are people so interested in me? I'm just sitting here eating my bananas. I'm not anyone special.'"

She documents her meals on Instagram, and has already got more than 100,000 followers.

From Anthony's Instagram account:

Obviously, this doesn't sit too well with expectant mothers. It has raised some eyebrows and many are wondering if this is unhealthy for her unborn child.

"I feel uncomfortable with Loni’s 'transformation' because it doesn’t sound safe for her baby," blogger Ami Angelowicz of The Frisky wrote. "I’m not a doctor, of course, but common sense and the little knowledge I have about nutrition tells me that you have to consume more than bananas and mangoes each day when you’re eating for two. I really try not to concern myself with what other people eat (or how much CrossFit they do), but it seems irresponsible to glorify the extreme fruitarian lifestyle for pregnant women."

What do you think of Anthony's diet? Do you think it is sufficient?