In a new interview, Joe Jonas revealed that now at 24, after almost a decade of being in the music business, he "has control" of his life.  He also spills about how it feels to be a Disney product:
Everything completely changed when Disney entered the picture. They were geared toward a younger market, and we had a younger audience, so we started doing some Disney concerts, Disney Christmas concerts, and Disney roller-coaster openings. Then we made a music video for a cover song that we initially didn't want to do because we hadn't written it, called "Year 3000," exclusively for Disney, which led them to start playing the song on Radio Disney and the video on the Disney Channel. Before we knew it, our fan base had exploded.
As a conglomerate with a revenue of over $42 billion, it's no surprise that Disney's products are marketed and pushed by Disney succeeds. But at what cost? Joe opens up about how they monitored his facial hair:
Disney is great at creating fame. They've done it with so many pop stars and young actors, from Hilary Duff to the High School Musical crew. Miley Cyrus played an already-famous pop star on a Disney show, Hannah Montana, and as we were starting to blow up, we got a boost by playing ourselves, as her favorite band on her own show. That was definitely our first major love shown by Disney, and I think it might have been a trial to see whether they should give us a show of our own, and they did. We got a sitcom called Jonas in which we played characters named Kevin, Joe, and Nick Lucas, members of an already-famous band.

But the thing about the show was that some of the writing on it was terrible. It just ended up being some weird slapstick humor that only a 10-year-old would laugh at. They took out the kissing scene that Nick had. I had to shave every day because they wanted me to pretend like I was 16 when I was 20 (when the show was done, I cut my hair off and grew as much of a beard as I could). We went along with it at the time, because we thought Disney was our only real shot, and we were terrified that it could all be taken away from us at any moment.
On the pressure he felt as a Disney product:
Being a part of a company like that comes with certain expectations. Not overtly, but there was a subtle vibe. We were working with Disney in 2007 when the Vanessa Hudgens nude-photo scandal happened. We heard that she had to be in the Disney offices for a whole day because they were trying to figure out how to keep her on lockdown. We'd hear execs talking about it, and they would tell us that they were so proud of us for not making the same mistakes, which made us feel like we couldn't ever mess up. We didn't want to disappoint anyone—our parents, our fans, our employers—so we put incredible pressure on ourselves, the kind of pressure that no teenager should be under.
On his love life — another Disney product a way:
One relationship that meant a lot to fans was the one I had with Demi Lovato, who I've known for years. We had been friends forever, we were both Disney kids, and because we played a couple in the Camp Rock Disney Channel specials—and fans liked seeing us together—we eventually dated for a month. I really got to know her and got to see the ins and outs of what she was struggling with, like drug abuse. I felt like I needed to take care of her, but at the same time I was living a lie, because I wasn't happy but felt like I had to stay in it for her, because she needed help. I couldn't express any of that, of course, because I had a brand to protect.
Although he doesn't go deep into his relationship with Taylor Swift, this MIGHT be about her:
I used to sneak out and hook up with this one girl in her car, and some rumor came out along the lines of: "Teen pop star seen in the back of a car, in a parking lot, hooking up," and the write-up was kind of explicit. I kept thinking, Oh my God, there's going to be video, there's going to be photos. The girl was also in the business, and we thought we were screwed because we were both working with Disney. It would have been the worst thing we could think of happening to us. But nothing ever came out!
Could this prove the past rumors about Disney's micro-managing stars like Britney Spears, Justin Timberlake, Ryan Gosling, Vanessa Hudgens and Zac Efron? Could this also be why the teen stars lashed out in the wrong light after being kept on a leash for too long?

Image via Joe Jonas' Instagram