You always say, “New Year, New Me” and then 5 days later it’s “hello, old me, I’m back”. Let’s start with one thing you could do differently for 2021. I know the perfect thing. Your hair!

You are already home… like, always home… If anything goes horribly wrong or you don’t like it, there is going to be plenty of time to let it grow out, fade, or undo whatever you did. So let’s dive right in to what you can do differently to your hair this year.

Play with Color
This one can be super fun and completely easy to do at home. There are so many options if hearing the words "hair color" completely freaks you out.
  • Semi-permanent
  • Demi-permanent
  • Wash in color
  • Temporary
These are a few that would be great for an at home, DIY kind of night. Have fun. Mix it up. Try a color you have always wanted to try, or never thought of doing. There is literally nothing stopping you and you have all of the time in the world right now. Take advantage of it!

Get A Really Good Shampoo
A really good one. Stop using your mom’s old Suave (hey, I used Suave for decades, I’m just saying). Try a new shampoo and conditioner. Really read those bottles. There are brands that make such creative and specific formulas for basically any type of hair now.

If you have always wondered why your hair isn’t consistently awesome, it’s your shampoo and conditioner. If you have curly hair and you aren’t using a specific shampoo for curly hair, what are you doing? Embrace those curls and look at your options.

Yes, the “good ones” are more expensive. I struggled with finally cutting the purse strings myself. But now I have so, so, so many more good hair days than bad. I know it’s because I have a shampoo and conditioner formulated for curly hair.

Go Big or Go Home
If you really want to take it to the next level, get a custom shampoo and conditioner. I haven’t gone this fancy yet, but maybe one day. There are companies like Prose Hair that will make super customized shampoo, conditioner, and other products for you.

I admit, I spent the time and took the quiz, and it was intense. They really factor in everything you do to your hair, what you want your hair to look like, what comes in contact with your hair, and more.

This is something you should definitely look into if you just have no idea what your hair needs. The quiz will do all of the work for you. I'm thinking birthday gift for myself this year.

Try A New Cut
Now, I’m not saying cut a blunt bang right out of the gate. But try something different. If you have always had long hair, try a shorter cut. Again, remember, it is hair, and it will grow back if you do not like it.

Yes, you can look up the trends that 2021 might have. But you can also find a look you have always wanted to try. Let 20201 start with something fun and different.

A long side bang is a good place to start if you aren’t ready to chop a foot of your hair off. They are longer, they can be easily hidden if you want, but if you like them and want to do more it will be easy to turn them into a fuller bang.

Have Fun
The most important thing to remember is to have fun. Your hair says a lot about you and can be one of the main features someone remembers about you.

I’m always referred to as “the women with the long curly hair” and I love it. Embrace what you love about your hair. Change it up if there’s something you aren’t absolutely loving.

Be kind to yourself and start 2021 off with something good. I’m going to experiment with some temporary color and then move on to demi-permanent. What are you going to do?

The Best Human Hair Wigs for black women are Nadula headband wigs human hair and Nadula face framing highlights wig.