In conjunction with the release of her record-breaking self-titled album, Beyonce will also be starring in a multi-part mini-documentary that talks about her inspirations and the meanings behind her latest project.

Seen above is part two titled "Imprefection", where she discusses the meaning behind the visual album and explains why she chose trophies as a recurring musical theme.

At some point, Beyonce reveals on how she was "scrolling through videos of feminism on Youtube" before stumbling across a TED Talk featuring Nigerian author Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie. She explains:
The trophy represents all of the sacrifices I've made as a kid, all of the time that I've lost being on the road, in the studios, as a child. I just want to blow that shit up. I have a lot of awards, and I have a lot of these things, and they're amazing. I worked my ass off — I worked harder than probably everybody I know — to get those things. But nothing feels better than hearing my child say, 'Mommy!' Nothing feels like when I look my husband in the eye. Nothing feels like when I'm respected, when I get on the stage and I feel like I'm changing people's lives. Those are the things that matter, and that's what I'm striving for at this point in my life: growth, love, happiness, fun. Enjoy your life; it's short.