Relationships and finding love are some of the world's biggest deals. Everyone is looking for something, and everyone worries about this - will we find the one? Will we stay together till the end of our lives? Will he/she leave me? So what does it take for two people to remain together for, like, ever?

The guys behind the Global Glue Project is on a mission to find out. For the last three years, they filmed 52 couples in eight countries, following relationships that have lasted as long as 70 years and as little as one. They've just launched a Kickstarter campaign to turn each couple's story into a short documentary about the challenges of creating a life-long bond.

The goal is to release one story a week on the web, for an entire year.

"We want to attract consumers that will love us over time and build organically--like a relationship," says producer and project co-creator DJ Pierce. Pierce adds that like relationships themselves, "slow and steady wins the race."

The idea for Global Glue was inspired by Pierce's previous job as kbs+ co-executive creative director for BMW. The ad firm's slogan is "do things that matter." Over time, Pierce began to wonder: "Am I doing something that matters? "I felt like I needed to do something that mattered more," Pierce says. When he left the agency he went on a global pilgrimage to understand how couples from all walks of life overcame their toughest obstacles.

For this documentary series, the producers shot in the U.S., Japan, South Korea, China, Russia, India, Romania, and Denmark under their own steam. The first four stories are on a beta site and the Kickstarter campaign was launched so the producers could shoot, edit and distribute at least 50 more videos.

But most of all, the Global Glue Project shows us that love doesn't just "work," and that love IS work.

It is, after all, the journey that counts, right?