Zac Vawter lost his leg in a motorcycle accident a few years ago. The 32 year old software got a bionic leg in replacement, and it is by far no ordinary prosthetic.

He can climb stairs, wiggle toes, and stroll through parks. A breeze. The high-tech prosthetic is a mind controlled robot.

He became a "test pilot" for an Army funded study on the latest in bionic limb technology. It was fitted to him from the Rehabilitation Center of Chicago's Center for bionic Medicine and it works like a charm too. The future of being able to control prosthetics with your mind is already here.

"In my mind, it's still the same thing in terms of moving my ankle down or up, or extending my leg forward or back,” Vawter told Bloomberg. "It's just walk like I would normally walk. It's not special training or buttons or tricks. That's a big piece of what I think is groundbreaking and phenomenal about this work."

The bionic limb only has a 1.8 percent rate of errors and it is connected to his leg through two nerves that were rewired to his hamstring and linked to the limb through a bunch of sensors.

Vawter can control it just by thinking.

Check out the video below where Vawter demonstrates the bionic limb:

[CBS]