In the craziness of the world today, you probably feel like there are a million and one things to worry about and not enough time. While your credit score may not seem like a top priority, I assure you that it is.

Pay attention, people! If a credit report API comes back negative, you will wish you had!

Do You Love Your Credit Cards?

If you are anything like me, then credit cards are vital. I always keep two, one for emergencies and another for, well, fun! 

But did you know that your credit score is one of the first things any credit card company will look at? Reports and scores determine whether or not the company wants to do business with you and at what cost to them. 

Now, for those of you spouting off about how your credit is horrible and you still got a card saying, great! Most companies have a card for everyone, but it does not mean that the card is a good one. If you want a high limit, a low-interest card that weighs a ton, then you need to pay attention to your credit score.

Speaking of Interest

Interest rates are a plague on society. Everyone hates them, and more often than not, most of you will avoid something because you refuse to pay the interest on it. 

What if I told you there was a way to universally lower interest rates to something reasonable? If you answered your credit score, congratulations! 

Yes, your credit score directly reflects how much interest a company is going to tack onto financing. Raising your score will lower your rates. But this rule can apply to other finances as well.

Need a Loan or Roof?

Yes, credit score can lower the interest rate of loans including mortgage rates. This could lead to hundreds if not thousands of dollars in savings. But first, you have to get the loan and, you see, your credit score plays a vital role in that as well. 

Banks are in the business of making money. The way they make money is through interest. Banks give out lower interest rates to people with good credit because they consider their money to be safe. But if you have a lower credit score, these money lenders might not feel assured giving you anything. If they do decide to give you a loan, you can bet it’s going to have a high-interest rate to make it worth the risk. 

Regularly checking your credit score allows you to plan for these things and build up your score before it's time to go get that dream house or start a business.

And Then There’s Theft…

Your identity is stolen. Credit cards are opened and left unpaid. Loans fall delinquent.

This dilemma is everyone’s worst nightmare. Checking your credit score does not always prevent this from happening, but it can help you to catch it early. Running a report helps you to find any inconsistencies that you did not perform. 

For instance, if your score goes down, you might find a delinquent credit card that you don’t own. Catching fraud such as this early may save you a lot of headaches and help save your credit before someone else ruins it.

Checking on your credit score allows you to be financially responsible. You will see how your actions directly affect your score and may think twice about paying that credit card on time or not. It’s up to you to decide whether or not saving hundreds of dollars, finding a roof to put over your head, or saving yourself from a scammer is worth it. I think so, but do you?