Adam Levine was recently named People's Sexiest Man Alive. The Maroon 5 frontman is known for spewing all sort of nonsense which has seemed to turn many regular women off. Levine's also a self-proclaimed yogi, and he's said yet a bunch of odd things about the practice:

1. In 2008 he told Women's Health, "Let's face it, I only practice yoga because the classes are always packed with beautiful women." He followed up that he was totally kidding, but he wasn't really lying about the beautiful women in yoga classes, if you know what we're saying.

2. He told Details in a 2012 interview: "You know what yoga's good for? I'll tell you what yoga is good for: Fuuuu**-ing." Right.

While Levine's reasons for why he thinks yoga is great sounds pretty shallow, there may however be some truth to his claims, says Rachel Allyn, Ph.D., a psychologist and yoga instructor. "Yoga really increases connection to the body," she says. "And we're often very disconnected from our bodies and very much in our heads. "

By focusing on your breathing and the way your muscles move, you develop a deeper understanding of your body, which in a way can translate to more pleasure in bed. Allyn says that with yoga, "people just have better body awareness of what they need in the moment. There's a sense of really paying attention to one's desires."

And if you want to really get in tune with your body, she suggests trying Kundalini-style yoga. "It isn't about triggering sexual energy per se, but that is definitely one of the elements," says Allyn. "It taps into the creative energy within. I think we're more sexual beings when we reside in that part of ourselves—a little more creative, spontaneous, present moment."

Kundalini yoga emphasizes something called "fire breathing," that is, faster-than-normal breathing paired with accelerated movements, which can help release pent-up energy—including the sexual kind.

But if you'd prefer a classic practice, incorporate more hip-opening moves like the pigeon pose - it helps loosen your muscles for thrusting. "When our hips are blocked, we're cut off from our sexual selves, where we're stuck, maybe, in guilt, we feel like we don't deserve pleasure," says Allyn.

Image via