Among Other Things That We've Learned From ‘Quantum of Solace’
Dec 17, 2008 17:57
As “Quantum of Solace” continues its worldwide box office reign, it’s easy to miss the little details that made it so memorable. Thankfully, here’s a list of those handy life lessons.
- Quantum isn’t a multi-vitamin, but an international crime syndicate.
- When in pursuit of foreign operatives, it’s pretty much guaranteed that if you dart in to any random locker room, you’ll find a Tom Ford tuxedo in exactly your size…shoes too!
- The Green movement is a front for evil geniuses who really don’t love the environment (though I’ve suspected that for a while).
- M is kind of a ball buster.
- All CIA agents have a moustache.
- Women who try to kill you, in actuality, want to have sex with you.
- If you sense that someone is hiding behind the drapes in a hotel room, poised to kill you, yeah…you’re probably right.
- Don’t be fooled — even frail, effete crime kingpins are awesome fighters.
- Captured villains are remarkably witty, even when they’re about to be tortured .
- Criminals use those shiny silver briefcases exclusively.
- Apparently, agents in the British Secret Service never need to:
Reload their guns
Exercise (yet are totally ripped)
Pay for anything, anywhere
Use the bathroom
Experience jet lag
It’s hard to find a person who didn’t like 2012’s Dredd, a film that stands alongside RoboCop as the ultra-violent, dystopic film fans needed at the time, but a sequel to the movie hasn’t been forthcoming; in fact, over the past few years, the likelihood of a second outing for Olivia Thirlby and Karl Urban’s chin has hovered around zero. Read more