The menswear designer at Hermès on the myth of French style, avoiding trends, and why you can never have too much cashmere.
1. The right proportion and fit are a matter of
centimeters—millimeters, really. When you choose clothes that are
perfect for you, you feel strong, comfortable, and more self-confident.
2. Style is a question of charm, not nationality. It’s not
true that French men have more allure or style than American men. It’s
just that they dress with more personality. They don’t follow dress
codes, and sometimes they mix things in a way they shouldn’t. Like how
Serge Gainsbourg dressed, with his reptile shoes with jeans and blazer
and white shirt—that’s charm.
3. For a weekend away, a man should bring a simple shirt,
two cashmere sweaters, three polos, and one pair of jeans. For shoes,
either sandals or light leather moccasins—just the essentials.
4. In relationships, you must show proof of love and do
something passionate. I once had a boyfriend fly from New York to Paris
just to have dinner with me. It was very smart.
5. Age is not important. A man, no matter if he’s 20 or 60, can wear a tee and jeans if he has the right body.
6. You should have one watch for the weekend, one for the
week, one for suits, one for sport. I love watches. Watches are for men
what perfume is for women. They are very personal, and you can wear
them according to your mood.
7. Wearing a scarf is about attitude. A man should just wrap
one around his neck, maybe two times—but not tightly like women do. It
should be nonchalant.
8. Men make a mistake when they follow fashion instead of
their own personality or their own body. When they dress in a very slim
shape even if they don’t have the right body, it’s all wrong. It’s
awful. With my husband, I tell him, ‘Stay yourself and I’ll take care
of you.’ He’s the most spoiled man in Paris.
9. You can never have too many cashmere sweaters. There are
so many kinds of fits and colors. You should have a lightweight one for
summer and a heavier one for winter. Whether you wear darker colors
like navy or brighter ones like green or yellow can depend on the way
you wake up.
10. The most timeless article of clothing a man can have is a leather piece. An Hermès leather bomber.
During the past years, we have witnessed stories about massive success in the world of software development. The demand for software has grown on a significant scale, and the interest of a considerable population can explain this phenomenon request for a software solution. As more businesses embrace cloud-based services, the industry continues to grow fast. Read more
Accommodations and electricity bills are a big part of our lives. We do the maths, calculate the expenses and pay our taxes monthly. One of the most influential costs in our regular lives goes to energy usage. Read more
If you are into music production, you must know that audio mastering makes the last step of making any music. It is the final stage of the process in which music in the form of album or mix is taken to its post-production process before it is sent out for distribution. Read more