The menswear designer at Hermès on the myth of French style, avoiding trends, and why you can never have too much cashmere.
1. The right proportion and fit are a matter of
centimeters—millimeters, really. When you choose clothes that are
perfect for you, you feel strong, comfortable, and more self-confident.
2. Style is a question of charm, not nationality. It’s not
true that French men have more allure or style than American men. It’s
just that they dress with more personality. They don’t follow dress
codes, and sometimes they mix things in a way they shouldn’t. Like how
Serge Gainsbourg dressed, with his reptile shoes with jeans and blazer
and white shirt—that’s charm.
3. For a weekend away, a man should bring a simple shirt,
two cashmere sweaters, three polos, and one pair of jeans. For shoes,
either sandals or light leather moccasins—just the essentials.
4. In relationships, you must show proof of love and do
something passionate. I once had a boyfriend fly from New York to Paris
just to have dinner with me. It was very smart.
5. Age is not important. A man, no matter if he’s 20 or 60, can wear a tee and jeans if he has the right body.
6. You should have one watch for the weekend, one for the
week, one for suits, one for sport. I love watches. Watches are for men
what perfume is for women. They are very personal, and you can wear
them according to your mood.
7. Wearing a scarf is about attitude. A man should just wrap
one around his neck, maybe two times—but not tightly like women do. It
should be nonchalant.
8. Men make a mistake when they follow fashion instead of
their own personality or their own body. When they dress in a very slim
shape even if they don’t have the right body, it’s all wrong. It’s
awful. With my husband, I tell him, ‘Stay yourself and I’ll take care
of you.’ He’s the most spoiled man in Paris.
9. You can never have too many cashmere sweaters. There are
so many kinds of fits and colors. You should have a lightweight one for
summer and a heavier one for winter. Whether you wear darker colors
like navy or brighter ones like green or yellow can depend on the way
you wake up.
10. The most timeless article of clothing a man can have is a leather piece. An Hermès leather bomber.
Drug addiction is a global concern that claims over 500,000 lives annually in the USA, let alone the whole world. While efforts to cure drug addiction are underway, this curse is too extensive to be cured through isolated efforts. Read more
Some men may be blessed with fast growing facial hair where as other my struggle with slow growth and patchy whiskers. The rate of facial hair growth highly depends on genetics. But if you want to grow a good beard there are a few tricks that can increase the growth rate and fullness of your beard. To grow a fast beard faster you need to follow a regular regime which would lead to a good growth of beard. It is as follows: Read more