The creative director at Marni on male vanity, the importance of modern suits, and the perils of ugly shoes.
1. A man has to discover his own taste and then base his
sartorial decisions on that—you shouldn’t buy something because you saw
it on TV. You need to feel at ease in your clothes or you risk being a
2. I like a guy in a suit that’s cut a little
smaller—slightly shorter, with smaller lapels. Inside, the jacket
should have beautiful finishing that only the guy wearing it notices.
3. Italian men are very vain, even if they won’t admit it. They care about their style.
4. Not everyone looks good in a tuxedo. It’s important to look at proportions and find one that fits you well.
5. Shoes define the kind of man you are. They should
never be too trendy or showy but lean toward the classic. There are a
lot of ugly shoes out there, and they can ruin even the most
6. A little bit of chivalry always makes a woman happy.
You shouldn’t exaggerate, but I do like it when a man holds the door
open for me. I think, Okay, this guy has manners and knows how to comport himself.
7. When it comes to wearing color, you need to be a bit
careful—a bit more traditional. A man should look sophisticated and
refined, and color can sometimes get in the way. You have to be
8. Men can carry bags as long as they are masculine, like
a tote or an attaché case. Look for a sturdy canvas or handsome leather
one, maybe with a raw finish. A bag should be functional and practical.
9. Clothes don’t necessarily render a man sexy—his
attitude and his nature do. For me, someone who is not classically
handsome but has a lot of charm is more attractive than a really
good-looking guy with no personality.
10. My husband’s style is classic, but he’ll occasionally
wear a Marni sweater or sneakers with a suit or try a jacket that’s
slightly shorter, and it works for him. My son is more daring. The most
important thing is to be yourself.
When your best mate is about to embark on the ultimate journey of marriage and he’s asked you to be his best man, your first and possibly most important task will be to organize a bachelor party. It’s not that easy, but if you’re up for the challenge, it will be very rewarding. Read more
Born on 6th of December, 1977, in Tartu, Estonia, Nils Grossberg is a man on a mission to bring big changes in the world that would affect and change the world for the better. His first step in the direction comes up in May, 2017, when he co-founded Dagcoin is a software company. Dagcoin is behind the development of Dagcoin cryptocurrency which is already entitled as the cryptocurrency of the future. Read more
Introduction to goldGold is one of the oldest precious metals found on earth. It is a highly valuable metal that was once also used as a form of currency but over time its uses have changed. People now use gold for various different uses. It is used in jewelry, trading and also in the technology sector; where it has a huge market, almost every other computer has a little bit of gold In it as it is used to manufacture the core chips of the computer now. Read more