The creative director at Marni on male vanity, the importance of modern suits, and the perils of ugly shoes.
1. A man has to discover his own taste and then base his
sartorial decisions on that—you shouldn’t buy something because you saw
it on TV. You need to feel at ease in your clothes or you risk being a
2. I like a guy in a suit that’s cut a little
smaller—slightly shorter, with smaller lapels. Inside, the jacket
should have beautiful finishing that only the guy wearing it notices.
3. Italian men are very vain, even if they won’t admit it. They care about their style.
4. Not everyone looks good in a tuxedo. It’s important to look at proportions and find one that fits you well.
5. Shoes define the kind of man you are. They should
never be too trendy or showy but lean toward the classic. There are a
lot of ugly shoes out there, and they can ruin even the most
6. A little bit of chivalry always makes a woman happy.
You shouldn’t exaggerate, but I do like it when a man holds the door
open for me. I think, Okay, this guy has manners and knows how to comport himself.
7. When it comes to wearing color, you need to be a bit
careful—a bit more traditional. A man should look sophisticated and
refined, and color can sometimes get in the way. You have to be
8. Men can carry bags as long as they are masculine, like
a tote or an attaché case. Look for a sturdy canvas or handsome leather
one, maybe with a raw finish. A bag should be functional and practical.
9. Clothes don’t necessarily render a man sexy—his
attitude and his nature do. For me, someone who is not classically
handsome but has a lot of charm is more attractive than a really
good-looking guy with no personality.
10. My husband’s style is classic, but he’ll occasionally
wear a Marni sweater or sneakers with a suit or try a jacket that’s
slightly shorter, and it works for him. My son is more daring. The most
important thing is to be yourself.
During the past years, we have witnessed stories about massive success in the world of software development. The demand for software has grown on a significant scale, and the interest of a considerable population can explain this phenomenon request for a software solution. As more businesses embrace cloud-based services, the industry continues to grow fast. Read more
Accommodations and electricity bills are a big part of our lives. We do the maths, calculate the expenses and pay our taxes monthly. One of the most influential costs in our regular lives goes to energy usage. Read more
If you are into music production, you must know that audio mastering makes the last step of making any music. It is the final stage of the process in which music in the form of album or mix is taken to its post-production process before it is sent out for distribution. Read more