The creative director at Marni on male vanity, the importance of modern suits, and the perils of ugly shoes.
1. A man has to discover his own taste and then base his
sartorial decisions on that—you shouldn’t buy something because you saw
it on TV. You need to feel at ease in your clothes or you risk being a
2. I like a guy in a suit that’s cut a little
smaller—slightly shorter, with smaller lapels. Inside, the jacket
should have beautiful finishing that only the guy wearing it notices.
3. Italian men are very vain, even if they won’t admit it. They care about their style.
4. Not everyone looks good in a tuxedo. It’s important to look at proportions and find one that fits you well.
5. Shoes define the kind of man you are. They should
never be too trendy or showy but lean toward the classic. There are a
lot of ugly shoes out there, and they can ruin even the most
6. A little bit of chivalry always makes a woman happy.
You shouldn’t exaggerate, but I do like it when a man holds the door
open for me. I think, Okay, this guy has manners and knows how to comport himself.
7. When it comes to wearing color, you need to be a bit
careful—a bit more traditional. A man should look sophisticated and
refined, and color can sometimes get in the way. You have to be
8. Men can carry bags as long as they are masculine, like
a tote or an attaché case. Look for a sturdy canvas or handsome leather
one, maybe with a raw finish. A bag should be functional and practical.
9. Clothes don’t necessarily render a man sexy—his
attitude and his nature do. For me, someone who is not classically
handsome but has a lot of charm is more attractive than a really
good-looking guy with no personality.
10. My husband’s style is classic, but he’ll occasionally
wear a Marni sweater or sneakers with a suit or try a jacket that’s
slightly shorter, and it works for him. My son is more daring. The most
important thing is to be yourself.
When Father`s Day is right around the corner, it's time to start thinking about a fantastic present for your great dad! This year Father's Day falls on Saturday, June 17th and you may have just realized that you don't have much time left! Do you know what's a good Father's Day gift? Of course, it is a gift made with love and gratitude. Read more
We come across so many people in our life who are always complaining about their beards. Some don’t grow proper beards and have patches all over their face, and then there are people with quite good but itchy beards which obviously doesn’t look nice. Read more
Personal finance is sometimes no more than a fleeting thought in people’s minds, even though it is crucial in order to live a good life. Money affects all of the choices that you make, and even impacts your entire family life. After all, when one person is struggling financially, it will make everyone under that particular roof stressed, especially when you are splitting monthly costs. Read more