The creative director at Marni on male vanity, the importance of modern suits, and the perils of ugly shoes.
1. A man has to discover his own taste and then base his
sartorial decisions on that—you shouldn’t buy something because you saw
it on TV. You need to feel at ease in your clothes or you risk being a
2. I like a guy in a suit that’s cut a little
smaller—slightly shorter, with smaller lapels. Inside, the jacket
should have beautiful finishing that only the guy wearing it notices.
3. Italian men are very vain, even if they won’t admit it. They care about their style.
4. Not everyone looks good in a tuxedo. It’s important to look at proportions and find one that fits you well.
5. Shoes define the kind of man you are. They should
never be too trendy or showy but lean toward the classic. There are a
lot of ugly shoes out there, and they can ruin even the most
6. A little bit of chivalry always makes a woman happy.
You shouldn’t exaggerate, but I do like it when a man holds the door
open for me. I think, Okay, this guy has manners and knows how to comport himself.
7. When it comes to wearing color, you need to be a bit
careful—a bit more traditional. A man should look sophisticated and
refined, and color can sometimes get in the way. You have to be
8. Men can carry bags as long as they are masculine, like
a tote or an attaché case. Look for a sturdy canvas or handsome leather
one, maybe with a raw finish. A bag should be functional and practical.
9. Clothes don’t necessarily render a man sexy—his
attitude and his nature do. For me, someone who is not classically
handsome but has a lot of charm is more attractive than a really
good-looking guy with no personality.
10. My husband’s style is classic, but he’ll occasionally
wear a Marni sweater or sneakers with a suit or try a jacket that’s
slightly shorter, and it works for him. My son is more daring. The most
important thing is to be yourself.
Drug addiction is a global concern that claims over 500,000 lives annually in the USA, let alone the whole world. While efforts to cure drug addiction are underway, this curse is too extensive to be cured through isolated efforts. Read more
Some men may be blessed with fast growing facial hair where as other my struggle with slow growth and patchy whiskers. The rate of facial hair growth highly depends on genetics. But if you want to grow a good beard there are a few tricks that can increase the growth rate and fullness of your beard. To grow a fast beard faster you need to follow a regular regime which would lead to a good growth of beard. It is as follows: Read more