Elon Musk is the guy who co-founded PayPal, leads both SpaceX and Tesla, and he's recently released plans for a fast-and-cheap transportation system called Hyperloop..
He basically specializes in creating things that look like something out of a sci-fi movie. Musk has been described by a past co-worker as "an exceptional freak of nature," but he's dropped some gems of wisdom from his incredible mind over the years.
Here are some of the best ones:
1. On ideas: “[Physics is] a good framework for thinking. … Boil things down to their fundamental truths and reason up from there.”
2. On ambition: “The first step is to establish that something is possible; then probability will occur.”
3. On motive: "Going from PayPal, I thought: 'Well, what are some of the
other problems that are likely to most affect the future of humanity?'
Not from the perspective, 'What's the best way to make money?'"
4. On perseverance: “If something is important enough, even if the odds are against you, you should still do it.”
5. On the future: “There's a fundamental difference, if you look into the
future, between a humanity that is a space-faring civilization, that's
out there exploring the stars … compared with one where we are forever
confined to Earth until some eventual extinction event.”
6. On progress: “I came to the conclusion that we should aspire to increase
the scope and scale of human consciousness in order to better
understand what questions to ask. Really, the only thing that makes
sense is to strive for greater collective enlightenment.”
7. On iteration: “You want to be extra rigorous about making the best
possible thing you can. Find everything that’s wrong with it and fix it.
Seek negative feedback, particularly from friends.”
8. On government licensing: “We have essentially no patents in SpaceX. Our
primary long-term competition is in China. If we published patents, it
would be farcical, because the Chinese would just use them as a recipe
9. On risk: “Failure is an option here. If things are not failing, you are not innovating enough.”
10. On his childhood experiments: “It is remarkable how many things you can explode. I’m lucky I have all my fingers.”
11. On hiring: "[My biggest mistake is probably] weighing too much on someone's talent and not someone's personality. I think it matters whether someone has a good heart."
Drug addiction is a global concern that claims over 500,000 lives annually in the USA, let alone the whole world. While efforts to cure drug addiction are underway, this curse is too extensive to be cured through isolated efforts. Read more
Some men may be blessed with fast growing facial hair where as other my struggle with slow growth and patchy whiskers. The rate of facial hair growth highly depends on genetics. But if you want to grow a good beard there are a few tricks that can increase the growth rate and fullness of your beard. To grow a fast beard faster you need to follow a regular regime which would lead to a good growth of beard. It is as follows: Read more